Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers: a Brighton & Hove Albion legend

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
By some distance the most impressive speaker (with the possible exception of GP) at The Withdean Years dinner tonight. His passion for the club and everything it stands for is obvious. :bowdown:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I thought one of the ramp up games had been earmarked as a testimonial game, but apparently not. If ever a player deserves one it is him. Some players bullshit about what playing for a club means to them, but Michel, by his own admission, bleeds blue and white.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
I really thought you were going to say he was going to play in the ssc! I think that would be an amazing gesture to a top man and would love to see him have a game at the amex after he went through nearly all the withdean years

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
A former Dutch marine and a true gent! He 100% deserves a testimonial which I heard he was getting next year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He was offered a coaching role I believe when Brighton found him in excess to playing needs and he wanted to play on and he is a top guy for making his choice which seems to be the right one. However when he does finally retire I seriously hope he is offered a position or capacity at our club, I really can't think of anyone more deserving of it in the modern football era. The club needs people like him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I believe the arrangement is that there will be a job in the community department waiting for him when he finishes playing. I certainly hope he gets his testimonial as well.

A great servant to the club over many years, and a thoroughly pleasant bloke every time I've spoken to him.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Love Kuipers,another from Brizzle Rovers,they seem to supply us with some gems and i think Will Hoskins will be another.

He was offered a coaching role I believe when Brighton found him in excess to playing needs and he wanted to play on and he is a top guy for making his choice which seems to be the right one. However when he does finally retire I seriously hope he is offered a position or capacity at our club, I really can't think of anyone more deserving of it in the modern football era. The club needs people like him.

He already has a role as an ambassador for the club. He liases with some of the local primary schools - I know because my brother teaches at one and sees quite a lot of FDM.

Speak to some his coaching colleagues at youth football level and you'll find that he's not as popular or as much of a "gent" as he was as a player!

This is certainly not what my brother reports, but then he doesn't see him in a 'proper' footballing capacity.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He came along way from being substituted at half time on his debut against Southend. Thought at the time that could be the last we saw of him, but not for the first time he came roaring back and was our best keeper since Beeney. True Albion legend

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He loves this club does Michel.

He came round to pick up some more stock for the Charity Shop on Wednesday, and my better half spent half an hour talking to him, even though he was 'in a rush'.

Plenty of envious stares from the yummy-mummies picking their kids up from her school.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Often see him around Haywards Heath in Brighton gear. Clearly still loves the club. That or he ran out of clean Crawley gear!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He's no better than Murray, gone on to play for our most local rivals. Probably the most over rated keeper ever to play for Brighton and one that I hope never dons a Brighton top ever again. It's no coincidence that our defenders came on leaps & bounds when he was got rid of. As a defender it must be really nice to know that you're not gonna get bollocked for every mistake the goalkeeper makes.

Personally I know stewards who are more worthy of a testimonial than Kipper.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
He already does community work for Brighton running coaching sessions at sussex schools

He's no better than Murray, gone on to play for our most local rivals. Probably the most over rated keeper ever to play for Brighton and one that I hope never dons a Brighton top ever again. It's no coincidence that our defenders came on leaps & bounds when he was got rid of. As a defender it must be really nice to know that you're not gonna get bollocked for every mistake the goalkeeper makes.

Personally I know stewards who are more worthy of a testimonial than Kipper.

chez, with the greatest of respect, do one. Everyone on here knows that you have some ridiculous axe to grind with FDM. He was a decent 'keeper for our level in the most of the time he was at the club and seems genuinely enthusiastic about the club and the fans.

On a side note, I can't believe you describe Crawley as 'rivals'. Have they ever been within less than two leagues of us?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A true Albion legend... fantastic keeper and consistently delivered for us on the pitch over many seasons, seeing off a number of what turned out to be inferior rivals for our number 1 jersey... give the man a testimonial...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
chez, with the greatest of respect, do one. Everyone on here knows that you have some ridiculous axe to grind with FDM. He was a decent 'keeper for our level in the most of the time he was at the club and seems genuinely enthusiastic about the club and the fans.

On a side note, I can't believe you describe Crawley as 'rivals'. Have they ever been within less than two leagues of us?

This... Chez need counselling for his twisted FDM attitude...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here