krispies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This must be about the tenth thread for the legend!

Four kids though, that's a new one! Is he trying to increase the Albion attendance all by himself?!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sat next to the legend on the way to County at the end of last season. Still as passionate, but like many others he has to prioritise his spending these days. I laughed AT him years ago, now I laugh WITH him. By the way, a North Stand surge was good, but occassionally after relegation, I needed a 'big' game fix, a North Bank surge was something else!

I know, ....splitter! LOL!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
Exactly right. I first noticed Krispies when I was about 14 in 1988. I had just started going to games without my dad and always stood exactly here. At the time, I am guessing he was about 20, so must be 40-45 now. He was short, crazy curly hair, glasses and for some reason there was often a chant 'Krispies, do the rap, Krispies, Krispies dothe rap'. And then this man would do some kinda hillarious moronic dance!

He was a bit of an icon to me at the time. Me and my buddy always talked about him, to and from the match!

I remember him so well.. like you I was 14 in 1988 and just started my ' North Stand ' experience.. throwing celery ? random.. blow up sheep..PC Beard.. giving the away keeper abuse and doing the Krispies rap.. ahh great memories.

It always amased how far you could actually move in a surge.. I would swap places with someone 6' or maybe 10 feet away.. tripping over legs, steps, occasional bag, metal posts and then after jumping up and down with two of three people you see every 2nd week before heading back to my step with my pals.. on my toes waiting for the next JCFG mazey run down the wing...

I feel sorry for the younger generation who have never really experienced the 80's or 90's before all seaters... then again I missed out on the 70's so like GWF it means we can see more of the Amex.. Im starting to regret the East Stand block D seats now.. I do hope theres an atmosphere ? overwise I'll be jealously looking over at the North wishing I was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports