Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

krispies

Feb 16, 2011
BRIGHTON ...
i dont really remember much of the goldstone but i noticed on another thread that this man 'krispies' is a proper legend and really gets a song going , does he have a ST at the amex and can we expect a lot of singing from him or has he passed the baton on to someone else now .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As i remember him he had glasses and looked like the milky bar kid,not that i am any oil painting,but he was a fire starter so to speak.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh yes and located in the North Stand next season.
Good mate of mine.
His time has been taken up lately with 4 kids in almost as many years but he will be returning for the start of the season.

Left side of the North about 2 crush barriers down,and near the centre walkway,i was located a few yards east near the main upright support of the Norths roof,that's before we scored anyway.

Left side of the North about 2 crush barriers down,and near the centre walkway,i was located a few yards east near the main upright support of the Norths roof,that's before we scored anyway.

Exactly right. I first noticed Krispies when I was about 14 in 1988. I had just started going to games without my dad and always stood exactly here. At the time, I am guessing he was about 20, so must be 40-45 now. He was short, crazy curly hair, glasses and for some reason there was often a chant 'Krispies, do the rap, Krispies, Krispies dothe rap'. And then this man would do some kinda hillarious moronic dance!

He was a bit of an icon to me at the time. Me and my buddy always talked about him, to and from the match!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Just in front of me, he took over starting songs after I had to stop going for a little while. He looked just like the boy on the Rice Krispies box, which is how he got his name. He had a couple of mates with him, but I don't really remember them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Exactly right. I first noticed Krispies when I was about 14 in 1988. I had just started going to games without my dad and always stood exactly here. At the time, I am guessing he was about 20, so must be 40-45 now. He was short, crazy curly hair, glasses and for some reason there was often a chant 'Krispies, do the rap, Krispies, Krispies dothe rap'. And then this man would do some kinda hillarious moronic dance!

He was a bit of an icon to me at the time. Me and my buddy always talked about him, to and from the match!

Great days,my only wish was to have been old enough to see the North in the mid late 70's,but then every cloud has a silver lining for if i did,i would be a lot older and have less time to enjoy the Amex.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just in front of me, he took over starting songs after I had to stop going for a little while. He looked just like the boy on the Rice Krispies box, which is how he got his name. He had a couple of mates with him, but I don't really remember them.

Do you remember the blonde girl and her dark haired friend? stood in the same place,true fans and still go i believe,or the big "bouncer like" coloured fella? all proper fans.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
krispies......??? legend.....

Celery, Celery....!!!!!! i bet he remembers that, "onto victory....la la la.."the good ol' days, liverpool away in the fa cup, it will be good once again....but never as good as back then!!!:bhasign:

Celery, Celery....!!!!!! i bet he remembers that, "onto victory....la la la.."the good ol' days, liverpool away in the fa cup, it will be good once again....but never as good as back then!!!:bhasign:

It will be great again - times are different though, and the most divine factor is that we are a lot lot older. At 15, throwing celery in the air is just hilarious - not sure I would get the same enjoyment at 40 !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It will be great again - times are different though, and the most divine factor is that we are a lot lot older. At 15, throwing celery in the air is just hilarious - not sure I would get the same enjoyment at 40 !

ha ha yes,or what about the blow up toys,i used to(when i went to the southwest terrace,have a blow up bannana.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
lol your right there i'm 40 as well, was quality back then in the north....yeah granted it will be good and times are certainly different, the memories will always be etched in, lets relive our youth once again lol....bring your celery!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

So true-nothing will compare to the "surge of the North" that said,i hope we enjoy great football and we do have 4 roofs at the Amex to make it sound great...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
lol your right there i'm 40 as well, was quality back then in the north....yeah granted it will be good and times are certainly different, the memories will always be etched in, lets relive our youth once again lol....bring your celery!!!!

ok then,i may even bring a spread of cheeses and crackers(just so i can get them through the gate).OFFENSIVE WEAPONS IS CELERY.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Krispies after a hard day at the play offs :)

PHTO0054.jpg

And his side Kick Dover :)

Image003.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
krispies.jpg

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Do you remember the blonde girl and her dark haired friend? stood in the same place,true fans and still go i believe,or the big "bouncer like" coloured fella? all proper fans.

Yep, and what about Ian Leaney climbing up the North stand roof and threatening to drop onto the old bill. Then when he got down, he gave them my name lol. There was a girl named Debbie who used to stand not far from us, and a couple of the Eastbourne lot and the Portslade boys too. I'm loving sitting here memorising the good old days in the North stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here