Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Koeman to Everton ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be very amusing if Smug Eddie went to Saints, from an Albion perspective at least.

I'm not sure a move to Everton is anything more than a sideways move and not in a Greer to Albion way either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would be very amusing if Smug Eddie went to Saints, from an Albion perspective at least.

I'm not sure a move to Everton is anything more than a sideways move and not in a Greer to Albion way either.

Thinking about it over the past few days I'm starting to agree with that.

Everton have 200 million to spend, most the PL clubs have now anyway.

Southamptons youth set up is arguably the best in the league as well.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I am hoping for Koeman to be gone in 8 games. Just to prove the money-grabbing, glory-hunting, self-publicising fools (Koeman, Everton) are wrong. How anybody can claim a move from Soton to Everton to be a step up is beyond me (and I am a Brighton fan, natch)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's been offered a job paying more money at what is traditionally a far bigger club.

Given that Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins after he'd got them promoted twice, they are in no position to whinge about loyalty.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I see your point, but I don't think that's the angle they were aiming for from that article. I think they are making the point of koeman loyalty, saying he'd stay 100% and lying. He's not the first in this game, and won't be the last, but it's just how much he's lied. Week after week he said not interested, not going, 1 year remaining.

We are fans, with loyalty and devotion to our football club ingrained in our DNA. We are there through thick and thin, watching a series of managers, players and owners come and go.

Managers and players are employees of the club and, with a few notable exceptions, have no emotional attachment to the club. They play to the best of their ability (hopefully), draw their salary every month and retreat to their homes to count their cash. They will also say what is appropriate to keep their employer happy. Koeman would not come out and say "Southampton have my full loyalty, until such time as I get a better offer from another employer"

If another employer comes along and offers an employee more money, a longer contract and (in the case of a manager), more cash in order to carry out their job, what do people seriously expect is going to happen.

Some of the comments on the Echo article are HILARIOUS and some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

As someone who lives in Southampton it is DOUBLE-HILARIOUS, because I get to hear this righteous indignation straight from the horses' mouths.

Absolute SCENES*

*unless of course another club comes calling for CH, when I will be FUMING with BILE and VITRIOL

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are fans, with loyalty and devotion to our football club ingrained in our DNA. We are there through thick and thin, watching a series of managers, players and owners come and go.

Managers and players are employees of the club and, with a few notable exceptions, have no emotional attachment to the club.

As someone who lives in Southampton it is DOUBLE-HILARIOUS, because I get to hear this righteous indignation straight from the horses' mouths.

Absolute SCENES*

*unless of course another club comes calling for CH, when I will be FUMING with BILE and VITRIOL

...until zlatan joins Manu and then I am renewing sky sports...lol

Harry redknapp said the same when he joined Southampton/ Portsmouth....fans were saying " how can he go there.. Has he no loyalty". And he replied, he was a manager not a supporter or fan. It was his job.

I suppose it's like the argument of people on here getting all indignant when one of our players dares to go to palace....it happens...in the past it was frequent...Neil smilie, Gary oreiley, Eric Young. To name a few. At the end of the day, it's their lively hood and in the same way if someone better that us came in for hughton, the contract is just a form of compensation calculator.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's been offered a job paying more money at what is traditionally a far bigger club.

Given that Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins after he'd got them promoted twice, they are in no position to whinge about loyalty.

Absolutely this. When have football clubs shown loyalty to managers and players when things haven't gone well? Loyalty in football is expected to be very much a one way street.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolutely this. When have football clubs shown loyalty to managers and players when things haven't gone well? Loyalty in football is expected to be very much a one way street.

A la vardy!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am hoping for Koeman to be gone in 8 games. Just to prove the money-grabbing, glory-hunting, self-publicising fools (Koeman, Everton) are wrong. How anybody can claim a move from Soton to Everton to be a step up is beyond me (and I am a Brighton fan, natch)

Errr I think its a step up

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Doing a job. Doing it well. Catching the eye of a bigger/better company. Getting a lucrative career-enhancing offer from that bigger/better company.

It's not rocket science this stuff, is it?

Everton think they are a bigger and better company. I'm far from sure. http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Everton

Ambitions exceed their resources. Heading for a fall?

Commercial backers don't seem to think their is much difference. I'm backing Southampton to do better next season and the ones after that.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Koeman has been appointed at Everton.

Good riddance. After the info that's come to light the last week or so, may not be a bad thing.
The statement from the club this morning says a lot really.

Is CH available?:wave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good riddance. After the info that's come to light the last week or so, may not be a bad thing.
I'd take all of that with a pinch of salt, tbh.

The Echo went from sucking him off to running a smear campaign against him, within the space of a week.

We had a similar situation here when Gus Poyet left - attempts to re-write history and 'realign' attitudes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Is CH available?:wave:

I'd take all of that with a pinch of salt, tbh.

The Echo went from sucking him off to running a smear campaign against him, within the space of a week.

We had a similar situation here when Gus Poyet left - attempts to re-write history and 'realign' attitudes.

Did he mention ceilings ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here