Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Koeman to Everton ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reading fans were exactly the same when Pardew left - then happy to take Coppell off us.
At nearly every club in the world your manager will either get sacked or poached eventually.

Exactly. Further to this, in the pub after football last night, one of my (Saints) mates, was talking about how badly Koeman 'had treated the club' - loyalty, blah, blah. I asked him how 'loyal' Saints had been to Adkins, after he got them up to the Prem.

Clubs treat managers appallingly, with no patience, and no sense of fairness at all. They can't have it both ways (and nor can the fans).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Doing a job. Doing it well. Catching the eye of a bigger/better company. Getting a lucrative career-enhancing offer from that bigger/better company.

It's not rocket science this stuff, is it?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Reading fans were exactly the same when Pardew left - then happy to take Coppell off us.
At nearly every club in the world your manager will either get sacked or poached eventually.

Remember Madejski saying they would appoint a manager who was not employed by another club....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've just had a skim through the Daily Echo this morning. Five pages of seething indignation, WHINING and SIMPERING about 'disloyalty' and 'greed' re Koeman, next to a spread on which manager they should poach next, from THEIR current club - including details of the 'bargain' cost of buying Unai Emery out of his contract.

The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness is breath-taking.

I've tweeted the writer Adam Leitch, asking him to explain why Saints fans are more deserving of 'loyalty' than Sevilla or Bournemouth fans.

Unai Emery is going to PSG now.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
You don't think Howe or Emery have ever made 'promises' to their clubs' fans?

Probably not as publicly as koeman has or as recently. I know to everyone but us fans this is a business.they do t support the club like we do so don't feel the need to have loyalty.

Just doesn't sit tight with me... Meh. Onwards and upwards though :drink::drink:

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
There are a lot of things I'm not interested in right now, and I'd be absolutely telling you the truth if I listed them.

Should someone come along with enough money, then I'd change my mind on some of them. It doesn't mean I was lying when I said I wasn't interested previously.

I know, I know. It's hard to see it from the 'business side' of it, as me and you really only see it as fans.
I'm the same, offer me a decent amount of money and I'd at least try something I wasn't interested in before.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Doing a job. Doing it well. Catching the eye of a bigger/better company. Getting a lucrative career-enhancing offer from that bigger/better company.

It's not rocket science this stuff, is it?

You're really not making me feel any better :tantrum:

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
£5m compo from the blue bindippers

Think we've pulled their pants down tbf.

I'm really happy Sammy lee and Dave Watson are staying though, both have massive roles.
Be interesting to see who we get now. With de boer ruling him self out apparently, and emery will probably get a better job offer.

im here slagging koeman off, but I guess Sammy lee is just as bad in relation to the fiasco with you. Is he really hated that much now?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I'm really happy Sammy lee and Dave Watson are staying though, both have massive roles.
Be interesting to see who we get now. With de boer ruling him self out apparently, and emery will probably get a better job offer.

im here slagging koeman off, but I guess Sammy lee is just as bad in relation to the fiasco with you. Is he really hated that much now?

Emery is going to PSG. So you'll probably get the old c*nt or the smug c*nt.
I've never liked Sammy Lee anyway so wasn't to bothered about what happened. Semi would still have been useless even with SL.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I regard Sammy Lee as untrustworthy, although how much of a difference he'd have made to the disastrous managerial appointment is worth pondering.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Southampton really are the bitches of the PL

Just the price of being successful. Our model is pretty clear now.

Buy cheap
Improve
Sell high
Repeat.

Our incredibly rich owner ( I'm talking billions ) isn't the sort that wants to throw money at players, so we won't ever make that next step I don't think.
We as fans have to trust the club to get things right. To this point, they having let us down.
Thing that worries me is, his many times can you get it right before a monumental failure?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They said he only has a year left on his three year contract and I don't believe he agreed an extension that Southampton were keen to put in place, so I imagine 5 million compensation is not bad business for Saints, it will get them another big managerial name and European football to attract them and other players to boot.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
They said he only has a year left on his three year contract and I don't believe he agreed an extension that Southampton were keen to put in place, so I imagine 5 million compensation is not bad business for Saints, it will get them another big managerial name and European football to attract them and other players to boot.

He agreed an extension just over a week ago before going on holiday and leaving it with his agent to look at the finer details :tosser:
He just didn't sign it..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here