Kodi streams

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest, how was the Norwich stream on Saturday btw ? Anyone watch that via Kodi ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm using the Pulse add-on for Kodi, it's a good way of finding stand etc. You do have to play around sometimes too find the right one. I haven't used them yet but I went into sports, football etc. and found the complete list of 3 o'clock Prem games. Didn't try any but every game was there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Out of interest, how was the Norwich stream on Saturday btw ? Anyone watch that via Kodi ?

I did and it was near perfect on Sportsdevil - Front Row Sports.

I've been using Castaway of late but got SFA on that, so was delighted with such a good pic and zero buffering (not bad with download speeds of 2.5mps)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just got this connected for the villa game, looks like there is still a bit of fiddling round for a decent stream four games. Any suggestions for the game?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
So I've been dabbling with Kodi on my phone for a while, but this weekend we've taken the plunge and bought a fire stick, which I sideloaded Kodi with the Jarvis setup onto. Bloody fantastic, I've installed exodus and unofficial sportsdevil which were my go to's on my phone. Added UK Turk as I'd heard about it on here - how have I not seen this before?!? Brilliant!!! Anyone got any better ideas for sports - unofficial sports devil is ok, but stream quality is a bit so so - watched the Grand Prix as though I was watching through a hessian sack.

The setup for the firestick was ridiculously easy with Apps2Fire, twenty minutes tops and job done. Can't believe the quality on a full size telly.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I use 2 main sources, Uk Turk and Phoenix for watching movies. On Uk Turk ( there's a wider choice of movies ) there is a buffering issue which started in the last 3 weeks or so. Phoenix, no such issues ( less choice ), is there a fix for buffering or should I re-install Uk Turk? I have a MXQ Kodi box with upto 100mb fibre broadband. There is no issue with the broadband connection. Cheers.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I use 2 main sources, Uk Turk and Phoenix for watching movies. On Uk Turk ( there's a wider choice of movies ) there is a buffering issue which started in the last 3 weeks or so. Phoenix, no such issues ( less choice ), is there a fix for buffering or should I re-install Uk Turk? I have a MXQ Kodi box with upto 100mb fibre broadband. There is no issue with the broadband connection. Cheers.

Install exodus, far superior to both for movies and TV shows.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Thank you kind sir. I will give that a go. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the WiFi drops out on those boxes, I have one. Press the red set up button on your remote and turn the WiFi on and off. It will reconnect, press the back button and it will take you back to where you was.
I have had far less issues(if any) since I used an Ethernet cable.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Exodus is even smoother when combined with a real debrid account. I know you have to pay for real debrid but the reliability and quality of streams is superb.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For me that defeats the object of kodi, I genuinely get no issues with movies and TV shows on exodus. I was having some but realised it was my box dropping the WiFi. I watch exodus far more than normal tv and provided exodus is upto date and my WiFi is connecting properly there is no issue.
The only issues I get with kodi is sometimes on streams, but I very rarely watch those.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Sometimes the WiFi drops out on those boxes, I have one. Press the red set up button on your remote and turn the WiFi on and off. It will reconnect, press the back button and it will take you back to where you was.
I have had far less issues(if any) since I used an Ethernet cable.

I have always used an ethernet cable. Hence why I can't understand buffering on Uk Turk and no buffering on Phoenix. I have now added Exodus and will give that a go. Thanks again.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
For tv shows and films I have no issues with any add-ons. It's the live sports I struggle with buffering and the stream just stopping and getting kicked out of the stream back to the page list.

Luckily I'm usually at the football on saturday and not often in to watch games. I have BT sport at home anyway and also access to the in-laws sky go so I'm pretty much sorted.

Does anyone know of a way to be able to sideload the skygo app onto a firestick or an android box? I use a firestick at the minute but would buy an android box if it is possible.

When I use the skygo I have to plug the laptop into the TV which is a pain. I got the firestick to stop trailing leads everywhere. Not a good idea with a 2 year old running around.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have always used an ethernet cable. Hence why I can't understand buffering on Uk Turk and no buffering on Phoenix. I have now added Exodus and will give that a go. Thanks again.

I'm not sure if this is right but I think it's down to the add-ons servers. Kodi has become massively popular over the last two,years. And with it has become a lot of traffic. The more people that use a particular add-ons the more it has to work, I think they just get overloaded which is why for prem games I tend to use foreign streams with foreign commentary and avoid the English ones.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
For tv shows and films I have no issues with any add-ons. It's the live sports I struggle with buffering and the stream just stopping and getting kicked out of the stream back to the page list.

Luckily I'm usually at the football on saturday and not often in to watch games. I have BT sport at home anyway and also access to the in-laws sky go so I'm pretty much sorted.

Does anyone know of a way to be able to sideload the skygo app onto a firestick or an android box? I use a firestick at the minute but would buy an android box if it is possible.

When I use the skygo I have to plug the laptop into the TV which is a pain. I got the firestick to stop trailing leads everywhere. Not a good idea with a 2 year old running around.

Skygo will not run on android, it's simply not deigned to. Even if you could get it to run, sky could tell and would block it.
You could always download the apk and see, but sky will block it anyway.

https://m.apkpure.com/sky-go/com.bskyb.skygo

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm not sure if this is right but I think it's down to the add-ons servers. Kodi has become massively popular over the last two,years. And with it has become a lot of traffic. The more people that use a particular add-ons the more it has to work, I think they just get overloaded which is why for prem games I tend to use foreign streams with foreign commentary and avoid the English ones.

The addons are only scraping the internet for feeds, for example when you search a movie you can get 100+ sources. Each of those is a different feed, it can sometimes buffer if it's a new movie out and everyone hits one feed. The addons are only pointing you to the feeds, they do not actually host them.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Skygo will not run on android, it's simply not deigned to. Even if you could get it to run, sky could tell and would block it.
You could always download the apk and see, but sky will block it anyway.

https://m.apkpure.com/sky-go/com.bskyb.skygo

SkyGo works on my phone and that's an android. Just wondering if it wouldn't work as the app is for touch screen devices and boxes aren't.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
SkyGo works on my phone and that's an android. Just wondering if it wouldn't work as the app is for touch screen devices and boxes aren't.

That's exactly what it's designed for though, watching on the move. Sky do not want people using other people's accounts to get sky, that's why sky go is not designed for TVs. Even though it can work on a laptop and then onto a tv through HDMI.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Just bought an android box.

Everything on Kodi doesnt work, just keeps saying check error log.

Any ideas for a real android dummy....

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports