Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Kodi will pretty much run on anything. All depends on what you want to spend or what you want to do with it. You can buy a set top box off ebay or argos etc and use it like a sky box. You can buy an Amazon firestick for £35 and run it on that but thats then portable as uses wifi and hdmi connection. It runs on any windows/android device. Its not the most simple to use and setup but once you have the hang of it you wont regret it trust me !

Thanks. So I can get the 3pm kickoffs etc with a standard fire stick without the need to get one jailbroken?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You may be right about Genesis ... I now use Phoenix for pretty well everything, although the Robocop download had vastly improved mainstream sports

Genesis has stopped being supported by the developer as he was sick of people who sell boxes taking the Mick basically. He done ir for the good of everyone not just some looking to profit. The HD content will not work but the SD ones will still.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks. So I can get the 3pm kickoffs etc with a standard fire stick without the need to get one jailbroken?

Yep, you could also use your phone and a £3 lead from eBay.
It's all d own to personal tastes really. I have a cheap box and just use that, never had any problems.
I actually have a box in every room so every room ineffective has satellite/cable TV.
Imagine having every sporting event/TV show/movie/boxsets available to watch, its like that but without the cost.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was running Theblackbox wizard through Kodi on my laptop but they've stopped and it's now called paradox. Since the swap mines been playing so today I uninstalled it and went to start from fresh using Paradox.

I can't get the ****ing thing to work again now so now I have nothing.

I found NJM good for football. But Robocop had the Premier League Pass on it and that was full 720p non glitchy streams when I used it.

WOODY sports was better than UkTurk in my opinion for sky sports streams and Money sports was good for anything else.

Im gonna have a go on this Zem thing I think. If it works then I think I may give up on blackbox/paradox and install these addons individually and see how I go.

I find the whole thing confusing so liked having the wizards to auto update and group everything but it's maybe time to try individual addons now.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I was running Theblackbox wizard through Kodi on my laptop but they've stopped and it's now called paradox. Since the swap mines been playing so today I uninstalled it and went to start from fresh using Paradox.

I can't get the ****ing thing to work again now so now I have nothing.

I found NJM good for football. But Robocop had the Premier League Pass on it and that was full 720p non glitchy streams when I used it.

WOODY sports was better than UkTurk in my opinion for sky sports streams and Money sports was good for anything else.

Im gonna have a go on this Zem thing I think. If it works then I think I may give up on blackbox/paradox and install these addons individually and see how I go.

I find the whole thing confusing so liked having the wizards to auto update and group everything but it's maybe time to try individual addons now.

I just use individual add ons myself and update when needed. All I have is sports devil and genesis and I really don't need anything else, although I will be finding a genesis alternative in the near future.

This is the build that most people rave about, its called the beast.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/the-beast-build-for-kodi/

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Would highly recommend just running Kodi on an old PC/Laptop for better performance. I have a MX Box running Kodi but prefer the PC as it appears to be more responsive and runs alot more smoother.

I also have signed up to https://streamtvbox.club/site/. I pay £11 per month and can run it on Kodi, i get all the Sports channels in HD and all the PPV and Prem 3pm Kick offs (for when we get there). So much cheaper than Skysports/BT package. List of Channels here https://streamtvbox.club/site/sports-schedule/

Ok, had a play around on the laptop and this is the result:

Zem tv seems to hold a stream better than the android so far. As usual, links are instant and quality is pretty decent with rarely any buffering.

Got istream back on for films for the rest of the family. Probably the best and most reliable of the film ones.

Phoenix not too bad for films on some channels. Installed ukturks from there as well, but it was rubbish with no live sports streams working for me.

Sports devil doesn't seem up to much either.

Still getting grief trying to install Robocop so I've given up on that one.

Conclusion:

Will run zem tv for all my sport from laptop via hdmi lead to tv (as I always did for cric tv type interent streams anyway).

As above for films, probably mainly from istream.

Will reinstall kodi on android phone but only put zem tv on it and see if the very fast opening and smooth sports streams hold without closing down kodi.

Thanks for all the advice.

P.S. Anyone wanting zem tv. Here's the best and simplest tutorial.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've heard this evening that Rockcrusher movies is closing down and going offline. That's a shame as it was a good one.

On blackbox for sports I had....

Njm soccer
CCloud
Sports Devil
phoenix
Zeus Sports
Woody sports
Robocop
Money sports

And I'm sure I've missed at least one.

Are all these available individually?

When I get some rare free time over this week I'm going to try and install them

I don't have a firestick but use the laptop via hdmi. Although I did buy an android box from a friend that I've never got working properly.

It's a wdtv live android box. Is it possible to install Kodi on it? I've had a quick look on some techy forums, some say yes, some say no so I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Would I need to flash or jailbreak it first to install extra apps? If I break it its not really a problem. But thinking it's maybe worth the risk as I don't use it and it's just something else using up space on the TV unit.....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've heard this evening that Rockcrusher movies is closing down and going offline. That's a shame as it was a good one.

Yep, I tried it from Phoenix and all you get is a message saying goodbye.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think navi-x has been mentioned. Another good add-on for films and tv. Go to start navi-x and then what people have been watching in last 24 hours for streams that work.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
GENESIS REBOOT

Since the developer has stopped supporting genesis, someone else has taken up the mantle and has called it specto. It's basically genesis but reached, installed it last night and content seems to be working fine, including HD.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-specto-kodi/

Just added this. Not everything works though. Just went on tv shows and big bang and nothing. Did go to latest episodes and suits is working. What do you mean by reached?

Phoenix worked at weekend for me also, not tested today though.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Ok all, just ordered my amazon firestick all preloaded from an eBay seller.
How easy is it installed some of this other software for a beginner like me?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Just added this. Not everything works though. Just went on tv shows and big bang and nothing. Did go to latest episodes and suits is working. What do you mean by reached?

Phoenix worked at weekend for me also, not tested today though.

Should have said rebadged, bloody auto correct. Stick with it, a few links may be dead but asi understand they are working on it so expect progress.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Ok all, just ordered my amazon firestick all preloaded from an eBay seller.
How easy is it installed some of this other software for a beginner like me?

Very easy, five minutes. Tell me what you want a I can post a step by step link from seo-michael.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here