Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Aug 21, 2011
Having read this thread I have just installed Kodi on a fire stick. Can I ask where you tend to find the best streams for the premiership and Championship games as there are so mant choices. I beleive I have installed the main add ons; Genesis, Rockcrusher, Pheonix, Robocop. Do you get the streams from these or are there better sources any tips gratefully received.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Having read this thread I have just installed Kodi on a fire stick. Can I ask where you tend to find the best streams for the premiership and Championship games as there are so mant choices. I beleive I have installed the main add ons; Genesis, Rockcrusher, Pheonix, Robocop. Do you get the streams from these or are there better sources any tips gratefully received.

Just added C Cloud, good for football. Also Woody.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The first one I normally head for is SportsDevil.
Live Sports > livesportsstreams.tv

Near perfect HD quality.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm flicking between a few different addons for boxsets these days. Genesis is occasionally erratic, SALTS, Project Free TV, Velocity etc seem to have limited choice. I could do with the reincarnation of Zeus tbh.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Christ, I thought I was vaguely savvy with this sort of stuff but this sounds like a nightmare. I can't even work out if you're talking about the fire stick going in the TV or a laptop! Might just stick to paying sky £7 when there's a game on I want to watch!

Aug 21, 2011
Thanks for the tips, I managed to watch some of the chelsea match the other day in very good quality, however after arounf 30 mins the stream began to buffer, a minor niggle bearing in mind its free but is this something my end or is down to the source, its not my connection as I have 100meg coming through OK but was wondering if there was a setting within the fire stick which may help?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks for the tips, I managed to watch some of the chelsea match the other day in very good quality, however after arounf 30 mins the stream began to buffer, a minor niggle bearing in mind its free but is this something my end or is down to the source, its not my connection as I have 100meg coming through OK but was wondering if there was a setting within the fire stick which may help?

I was also watching that game (via Sportsdevil) and it had one or two buffering issues, but there were a number of links to choose from. I changed links a couple of times, 3rd time I found one that had no buffering issues at all, so I stayed there and watched the game straight through, no issues. Its usually just a case of doing a bit of fishing around.

Also, if I'm changing links, I always bring that menu out form the left side of the screen and press "stop", before accessing a new link. I have no idea if that actually has any effect at all, but it only takes 2 seconds, and satisfies my OCD nature in these kind of things.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
The first one I normally head for is SportsDevil.
Live Sports > livesportsstreams.tv

Near perfect HD quality.

I second this. Very easy to find the games you want also as they are shown by kickoff time and you often have a choice of commentary language

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm flicking between a few different addons for boxsets these days. Genesis is occasionally erratic, SALTS, Project Free TV, Velocity etc seem to have limited choice. I could do with the reincarnation of Zeus tbh.

No HD stuff will really work on genesis as the developer has stopped supporting it, try watching in standard definition and it should be fine.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Christ, I thought I was vaguely savvy with this sort of stuff but this sounds like a nightmare. I can't even work out if you're talking about the fire stick going in the TV or a laptop! Might just stick to paying sky £7 when there's a game on I want to watch!

Its really not that difficult buddy and remember you can get nearly every game - BT Sport / Sky / Untelevised (handy for Brighton games).

Theres loads to choose from on ebay but I paid about £85 to get a decent one and I've not looked back.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
For people who are not sure if they want kodi or not, you can actually download to a phone or tablet and see if its for you or not.
I personally have a £25 box of eBay and never have issues.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What recommended build for Mac OS X?

I see TVaddons does a Mac build which a few people have recommended. I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV, so will give that a try. Anyone with any newbie tips on a Mac install - please pass on!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
For people who are not sure if they want kodi or not, you can actually download to a phone or tablet and see if its for you or not.
I personally have a £25 box of eBay and never have issues.

Absolutely this. Download it onto your mobile device have a fiddle with the interface and see I'd it's something that you can get your head around. It's an initial faff to get all the repositories etc but once they're loaded you are good to go. There are lots of youtube tutorials to help you on your way as well.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely this. Download it onto your mobile device have a fiddle with the interface and see I'd it's something that you can get your head around. It's an initial faff to get all the repositories etc but once they're loaded you are good to go. There are lots of youtube tutorials to help you on your way as well.

I think it's great to have on your phone regardless; I'll occasionally have some far flung cricket on the go via my phone while I'm at my desk at work.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What recommended build for Mac OS X?

I see TVaddons does a Mac build which a few people have recommended. I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV, so will give that a try. Anyone with any newbie tips on a Mac install - please pass on!

Kodi v15.2 “Isengard”

Get the add-ons from TV add-ons, then choose install from zip file.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here