Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Khan/Kotelnik

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure I saw Russell Slade in Khan's corner as well! :lolol:

Fair play to him, he was dominant especially in the early parts. Deserves the title on that showing.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Khan was awful tonight. IMO, if you can't hurt someone in 12 rounds, you dont deserve to be World Champion.

For Khans sake, I really hope Him and Hatton dont meet in the ring. Hatton would kill him, literally.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Khan was awful tonight. IMO, if you can't hurt someone in 12 rounds, you dont deserve to be World Champion.

For Khans sake, I really dont hope Him and Hatton meet in the ring. Hatton would kill him, literally.

He wasn't awful. He was up against an excellent fighter who has never been put on the canvas, you can't win every fight by knockout.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

For Khans sake, I really hope Him and Hatton dont meet in the ring. Hatton would kill him, literally.
Clearly you know f*** all about boxing.:bla:

Hang on, Is Khan an arsenal fan?

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
A very dull fight which Khan did enough to win, but tbh, up against an actual puncher he'd get battered. There is no way Khan is good enough atm to be world champion, especially with that glass chin of his, he didn't even hurt Kotelnik.

Looking forward to see him try and defend it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
A very dull fight which Khan did enough to win, but tbh, up against an actual puncher he'd get battered. There is no way Khan is good enough atm to be world champion, especially with that glass chin of his, he didn't even hurt Kotelnik.

Looking forward to see him try and defend it.

We'll see, he done what he had to do tonight. His chin was unlikely to be tested by Kotelnik who hasn't got many KO's to his name but I thought he looked good.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I really want to see this Hatton/Khan fight now. Imagine how big of a draw it would be in terms of UK boxing. Two of the most well known Boxers in the country over the last few years going head to head. Would be another nice little pay-day for Hatton coming towards the end of his career. I say MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I reckon Hatton would bang Khan out as well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Khan threw nearly 1000 punches, all those saying he didn't hurt Kotelnik doesnt know what they are on about. I seem to remember the same arguement with Joe Calzaghe and he didn't do too bad did he.

Not a massive Khan fan but no doubting he has the skills. Still question marks over his chin but that will never go away

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not a massive Khan fan but no doubting he has the skills. Still question marks over his chin but that will never go away

Agreed. Whether it's Freddie Roach, Manny Steward, Angelo Dundee or any other trainer in the history of the sport, you cannot teach someone to have a good chin. Either you have one or you do not, and Khan does not. What you can do, and what Roach is doing, is teach him to protect that shortcoming and fit his tactics around it, as he did very well last night.

Khan can and likely will have a perfectly good career as long as he's careful to avoid fighters with the power and skill to find that weakness and expose it. For example, were Amir to fight Manny Pacquiao or Edwin Valero, the fight would likely be over in less seconds than I have fingers.

As for Khan/Hatton, I think Hatton would win. Yes, Khan is quick and skillful, but we have never really seen him up against someone who can and will back him into a corner or to the ropes and pound him round after round as Hatton would. Obviously Hatton loves his bodyshots, and with Khan being a tall fighter at the weight, that leaves a lot of body for Ricky to aim at. If Khan drops his hands to protect the body, then obviously his chin is that much more accessible. I reckon Khan would propbably be able to use his speed for the first half to keep Hatton off to some degree, but those body shots would take their toll and slow him down to the point where Hatton could pick him off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Generally speaking I know naff all about boxing, but decided to watch it last night. I thought Kahn did a very good, professional job and completely and utterly deserved the win.

Instead of slagging him off and whinging about him, can't we just celebrate a British World Boxing Champion?

Oh, and yes, I think Hatton would pulverise him.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Amir had very impressive speed, but i also noted quite a few mistakes in his performance. Kotelnik was very poor, i knew that before the fight, so the outcome was no real suprise.

I am 100% sure that Hatton would knock out Khan. Ricky would bully him around the ring, Khan is very open to the left hook at times, and Ricky deffently has the left hook to put down Amir. I would like to see Khan in a rematch with Breidis Prescott (the fella that KO'D khan inside 54 seconds.) That would be a great test, and if Freddie Roach gets his tactics right and Khan manages to stay out of the way of the big right hand, Amir has a great chance of winning.

For me, Khan is not going much higher than this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here