Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Brighton and Hove Albion is a business, not a charity for former players. He needs to get over it

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I reserve the title 'legend' for our best ever players- players who really stood out as clearly being a cut above the rest.

It's a very subjective term, especially in football. For me, I'd class a legend as someone who's shown either loyalty and an affinity towards the club over a prolonged period or has stepped up when needed, regardless of their ability.

I don't think many people would rate OGH, Mayo or Virgo as some of our best ever players but I would refer to each of them as legends over people like, for example, Vicente or Bridge.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is a Brighton & Hove Albion legend though: it says so in his own Twitter profile :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mayo showed loyalty? Yeah we were turning away offers for him constantly weren't we? He was a very cheap utility player, who served us well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I like Kerry Mayo, I really do. Great one club man, through and through, but ultimately the club gave him a role for three years and for whatever reason they have decided they no longer want to give him that role.

For my part I think the hosts in the lounges are a total waste of time, but then I didn't join 1901 for any of that, just the better seat and the nearer parking for my dad.

I can understand why he might feel aggrieved, but can also understand why the club may have decided they didn't want him anymore.

Perfectly put IMO. I will always respect him as a long time player for this club however it's disappointing that he's felt the need to go to twitter and have a rant without giving any actual facts, all we really know is he patently didn't want to pay for his own ticket, which quite frankly insults those of us who pay upwards of £30 every other week to go support the team.

Besides, if he has been 'let go' what use is going to twitter? Just makes him look wholly unprofessional.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
1901 e

I travel by seagulls coach so only arrive in 1901E lounge 75-60 minutes before kick off.

The lounge hosts duties are limited to announcing team news, conducting a quiz and pushing lottery ticket sales.

The lounge hosts are not assigned a seat so look for a vacant one about 5 minutes after kick off. As I am in the back row and the season ticket holder next to me often misses matches I have had the company of Kerry many times .
Delightful bloke but the most biased fan I have ever met.

In the interests of economy am not sure why 1901 E lounge has so many staff. 2 on duty at concourse entry ( These also manage entry to sports bar so are probably needed) 2 to entrance to lounge. Inside lounge there are 2 stewards on each door to match seating. Also in the lounge are several females who I am unsure of their duties other than the one giving away programmes and one who clears tables.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Kerry is often our lounge host and a thoroughly good one, entertaining and knowledgeable, and spends time talking to fans. As a player, although I used to scream at him now and again, he was and still is a legend. Maybe I am old school, but love seeing our 'old' players being given jobs (AITC) etc, as they gave me a lot of enjoyment over the years. I have no idea as to what has happened and not read the tweets, but surely someone at the club can simply smooth this out.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think Kerry Mayo was bl00dy lucky to have a job as a footballer for however many years with us, he was distinctly average and must have been on sod all wages for us to continue employing him. Now, for him to be moaning about our perfectly reasonable decision to dispense with his services in what sounds like a pretty redundant role (it's not like he can regale guests with with anecdotes of a varied career like Mullers can), he is making himself look like an idiot and should at the very least have kept his trap shut until after the season.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Has any player won more Albion trophies than Mayo?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suspect emotion (and, quite possibly, a beer or two) might have got to Kerry last night.

My hunch tells me we won't be getting any more rants today.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If they want to save money they should get rid of the annoying guy who loves the sound of his own voice.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they want to save money they should get rid of the annoying guy who loves the sound of his own voice.

Seems a bit mean. I'm no fan of HB&B but he pays for his tickets so he's got as much right to watch the Albion as the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here