Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kelechi Iheanacho

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Personally, I think he'd be great here but it would require someone to leave which I can't see happening.

Neal?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Seems very much surplus to requirements at Leicester now with Daka finding his feet. Would fulfil the ‘another Welbeck’ brief. Possible Jan signing?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Can't get in the Leicester team who are bottom of the league, but will improve our squad?

Maybe it's just an Iheanacho dip in form?

5-Minute-Nacho-Cheese-Sauce-dip3-1.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He’ll have a year left on his contract next summer (according to Transfermarkt) so might be reasonably priced.

However, I’m sure Leicester won’t want to strengthen their rivals and I’m sure he’ll be looking for a big pay rise. I think they’d be holding out for £20m+. I’m not sure we’d pay that, especially considering we paid £7m for Sima who may very well be the level we need him to be when he turns 22 next June. He is playing the ‘Welbeck’ role for Angers and with the exception of their Marseille defeat, they’ve looked really good since Abdallah hit the starting line-up every week.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is a shade better than 1 goal in 5 for Leicester - so worse than Maupay - and at 26 he'll expect to equal or improve his current salary.

This is so NOT an Albion-type signing; unlike Welbeck there is no value to be had.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is a shade better than 1 goal in 5 for Leicester - so worse than Maupay - and at 26 he'll expect to equal or improve his current salary.

This is so NOT an Albion-type signing; unlike Welbeck there is no value to be had.

This is a good point, Welbeck offered us value as he was available on a free, If Ihenacho were a free agent then he could be added to the squad on our terms but I expect he will be commanding a significant wage and is unlikely to feature much. Potentially in 2024 when his contract with Leicester has expired and Welbeck is 33

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Nah. Stupid wages; TB doesn't do Jan as a rule (AK major exception); RDZ will plumb Italy and Shaktar - Mudrik would be awesome but heavyweights are gunning for him.

Putting Iheanacho aside (good player, would be very happy to sign him), this TB doesn't spend in January thing is now about as mythical as the famous 'No Dickheads Policy'. What do:

Kozlowski
Undav
Caicedo
Mooy
Lamptey
Mac Allister
Locadia
Murray
Knockaert
Skalak
Kayal
Stephens
Ulloa (twice)

And many others all have in common?

If the right player for the right money is available, we will try and sign them, exactly as we do in the summer.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Putting Iheanacho aside (good player, would be very happy to sign him), this TB doesn't spend in January thing is now about as mythical as the famous 'No Dickheads Policy'. What do:

Kozlowski
Undav
Caicedo
Mooy
Lamptey
Mac Allister
Locadia
Murray
Knockaert
Skalak
Kayal
Stephens
Ulloa (twice)

And many others all have in common?

If the right player for the right money is available, we will try and sign them, exactly as we do in the summer.

Six duffers there ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Putting Iheanacho aside (good player, would be very happy to sign him), this TB doesn't spend in January thing is now about as mythical as the famous 'No Dickheads Policy'..

Why is the No Dickheads Policy mythical?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Why is the No Dickheads Policy mythical?

It's never existed, we've had no more or less dickheads than most clubs. It's just something Mat Ryan said about the club's recruitment looking into the player's character as much as ability as it's a popular phrase down under but most clubs will do a character profile and it's about as true for us as it was for the All Blacks, where it originally comes from, and most other top clubs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
remind me again how many and which teams are above us in the league ?

Irrespective of where we are, there are plenty of teams that can outgun us in the transfer market. the Manc clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle, their buying power is immense.

It will be a long long time, if ever, before we can compete, financially at least.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Irrespective of where we are, there are plenty of teams that can outgun us in the transfer market. the Manc clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle, their buying power is immense.

It will be a long long time, if ever, before we can compete, financially at least.

you forgot about financial fair play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here