Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keeping the rivalry alive

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a strange rivalry for most pundits outside of the clubs, but the media big it up never the less. Its better than being a Bournemouth fan trying to find rivalry with a club who cares about them.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Pathetic. Get some passion back in your life. Saturday morning trip to the shops, 8 cans Special Brew and you’ll be screaming at the warm up never mind Mr Tumbles first attempt to con the ref. Get some hate in your heart. Love football. Hate Palace. Simple! :albion2::rave::guns::cheers:

Or more likely fast asleep �� after that amount of Special Brew

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fans are mostly OK, club just horrible

I’ve got five or so really good mates who are Palace. They know they’re inferior. Chavvy. Raised in Mos Eisley. Doesn’t mean we can’t be friends. Just not for 2 x 90mins a season. When the games on, they can all do one. They sing “and we hate Brighton, and we hate Brighton...”, to which the natural reply is “you stupid barstewards, you burnt down your town” or the like. Now, if we can all get in the spirit of things and wish a pox on them and their families please...

D

Deleted member 2719

Congratulations on the anniversary..

I have just received a text with my daughters kick off time 2pm Sunday at Southwick !!! 2pm.... 2pm....
Never had an afternoon kick off before, 9:30am last bloody week...

Can't get out of it either, wife does not drive (in this country) and it is my daughters birthday monday, she wants to give out cup bloody cakes to her team mates....

AARRRGGGHHHH !!

Haha, thanks very much, we are not big on celebrations as we see being together is the bonus, all though we are having some English sparkling wine tonight, already on it!

I can feel your pain @ a 2.30 KO, my son had one the other day in Worthing, all the lads had been Xboxing all morning, so we took a spanking!

Just tell you daughter cupcakes carry more covid risk and been ruled out under new UK regulations!

You never know it called still get called off if you are playing against enough Albion diehards!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Ive been watching East Grinstead for about 4 years now, there are about 4 of us who starting going when Premier games are moved around to suit TV.
Being an old duffer I quite like watching football at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night at 07.30.

But last season and this we have been going home and away, like we used to in the olden days, you know fancy a game get in the car POTG and watch football, if your lucky with a pint of beer and a burger. A burger that comes in a napkin for £1.50 not in a box for a fiver.

I used to go to East Court for a while in the early 1990s after I became disillusioned with watching the Albion under Barry Lloyd (I still went to the Goldstone a few times, but didn't bother with a season ticket). It was a nice, tidy little ground, with a decent covered terrace on one side, and a clubhouse behind one of the goals, though I think the terrace is all seated now. Do they still sell bacon rolls? They only used to cost £1 and were superb. Saturday games were a bit flat atmosphere-wise, unless you had one of the bigger County League teams playing, though you could get decent noise at an evening game with about 200 in the ground.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ive been watching East Grinstead for about 4 years now, there are about 4 of us who starting going when Premier games are moved around to suit TV.
Being an old duffer I quite like watching football at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night at 07.30.

But last season and this we have been going home and away, like we used to in the olden days, you know fancy a game get in the car POTG and watch football, if your lucky with a pint of beer and a burger. A burger that comes in a napkin for £1.50 not in a box for a fiver.

Very early days, but looking like it might be a pretty decent season for the Wasps.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don’t mind Palace as many know. Got a few really good mates out of the palace posters on NSC too. Mates for life. They’re a really well ran family club with superb ethics and a history of doing the right thing. Sure, I hope we win, but if we lose that’s life.

7286580B-2EBA-4482-82E0-99EB98453487.jpeg

I know PPF has a parody account but this one is really good :lolol::lolol::lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never trusted that Seaford lot

Although I do know their manager is hardcore Brighton

Plenty of decent Albion fans that live in Seaford I know plenty that have been going for years, but far too many Palace for my liking, they don’t hide who they support either.
I suppose living in Seaford is far better than Croydon. :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Apparently Palace keeper Wayne Hennessey has gone off injured whilst playing for Wales after pulling up whilst running for the ball.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Living near Croydon I can assure you that they really don't like us. The rivalry is alive and kicking in these parts, rest assured I give as good as I get.I
Had a bloke in the shop today wearing a CPFC shirt with 1905, I had great delight in telling him the date is wrong it's CPFC 2010.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Living near Croydon I can assure you that they really don't like us. The rivalry is alive and kicking in these parts, rest assured I give as good as I get.I
Had a bloke in the shop today wearing a CPFC shirt with 1905, I had great delight in telling him the date is wrong it's CPFC 2010.

That’s more like it! Put the heathens in their place. Since 2010...:lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still an embarrassment that figure. You wonder what sort of crowd that fixture would have had at Selhurst though, potentially similar?

I remember watching us at Selhurst in the Championship not too long ago, can't remember exactly which game, and only about 16k there. I know championship but still a league game and not early cup

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember watching us at Selhurst in the Championship not too long ago, can't remember exactly which game, and only about 16k there. I know championship but still a league game and not early cup

Yep - and Baulkam tweeted the actual figure - 14k or so. There was only 11k nigels in there - and that was for a league game - now that is far more embarrassing than similar amounts for FA cup (Murray last min winner too :lol:)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep - and Baulkam tweeted the actual figure - 14k or so. There was only 11k Nig31s in there - and that was for a league game - now that is far more embarrassing than similar amounts for FA cup (Murray last min winner too :lol:)

Yep, conveniently forgotten though by the Palace lot when discussing the cup game attendance, which, roll your eyes or not, certainly was heavily affected by widely publicised train strikes considering it was evening and most fans travel by train. I for one didn't bother due to so much uncertainty around the trains and rushing after work etc. Still makes me laugh now that some fans can't accept that and still call it an embarrassment yada yada

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Plenty of decent Albion fans that live in Seaford I know plenty that have been going for years, but far too many Palace for my liking, they don’t hide who they support either.
I suppose living in Seaford is far better than Croydon. :)

It's only since that big bomb went off that Croydon
runs Beirut close, let's be honest.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Don’t know what any of this is about. I still want to beat that lot above all others and my weekend will be miserable if we lose to them. Unacceptable.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its a strange rivalry for most pundits outside of the clubs, but the media big it up never the less. Its better than being a Bournemouth fan trying to find rivalry with a club who cares about them.

The media keep calling it a 'derby' though. Sky did it again tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here