[Albion] Keeping the rivalry alive

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I never enjoy these games. The Knocky one was AMAZING (in the end) but it was still an ordeal to watch it. Then last season, when for about 80 minutes we gave them the footballing LESSON OF THEIR LIVES, only to come away with a poxy point.

Oh well. The main thing is, win lose or draw, at least I won't be battling my way out of the gruesome semi-charcoaled ransacked fried chicken festooned hovel of a town that the fetid slack-jawed drooling Primark-hoody clad GOONSQUAD inhabit. Small blessings and all that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I never enjoy these games. The Knocky one was AMAZING (in the end) but it was still an ordeal to watch it. Then last season, when for about 80 minutes we gave them the footballing LESSON OF THEIR LIVES, only to come away with a poxy point.

Oh well. The main thing is, win lose or draw, at least I won't be battling my way out of the gruesome semi-charcoaled ransacked fried chicken festooned hovel of a town that the fetid slack-jawed drooling Primark-hoody clad GOONSQUAD inhabit. Small blessings and all that.

Last game I attended was 0-1 back in Feb. not a pleasant watch, very predictable. Am hoping my Sunday afternoon goes better!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Last game I attended was 0-1 back in Feb. not a pleasant watch, very predictable. Am hoping my Sunday afternoon goes better!

That was the last game I went to, I took my daughter she loved the atmosphere until they let off a smoke bomb and she burst into tears.
I told her not to worry I would protect her if they came charging over, that did not help the situation. I eventually calmed her down and asked why she was crying expecting a response along the lines of "I hate them, we don't deserve to be losing, they are utter scum"
instead her reply was "Don't they care about the environment"

I was gobsmacked and replied "well darling they clearly don't they do have a history of it"

"What do you mean?" she replied

"They burnt their own town down a few years ago"

"God they are idiots, I hate them"

My job on this planet is complete... :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
With just 1 day to go i'm starting to get the buzz again , it's not the same , but it's something , I so want us to smash someone out of sight like I know we could , and what better day to do it than Tomorrow .

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
I would settle for a point now. I always would against that lot.

Danny Baker once said rivalry matches are like school exams. It's impossible to look forward to them, if it goes well for you, then bloody brilliant! On the other hand......

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
E019E3C3-B4A8-4610-96DB-DDE0A8199FEA.png

They just can’t help themselves, can they.

“Surrey expects”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With just 1 day to go i'm starting to get the buzz again , it's not the same , but it's something , I so want us to smash someone out of sight like I know we could , and what better day to do it than Tomorrow .

Me too.... but I’m now starting to shit myself :down:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Will be interesting this weekend to see how an empty stadium affects derby matches. Will the fervour of the fans be missed and turn a passionate derby into "just another game" ?

A few other biggies as well as us this weekend.

Everton Liverpool,
Celtic Rangers
Spuds West Ham

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Will be interesting this weekend to see how an empty stadium affects derby matches. Will the fervour of the fans be missed and turn a passionate derby into "just another game" ?

A few other biggies as well as us this weekend.

Everton Liverpool,
Celtic Rangers
Spuds West Ham

All minor rivalries in comparison! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Ah, does it still have The St George flying above the entrance ?

If so I presume I would not need to book a bloody table ?

Not sure on your first question.

I didn’t book a table when I went in there before a Southwick game the other week. I expect it’s one of the more lenient places.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
South Norwood SE25
London

If Croydon is part of London, why has it tried and failed to be granted City status, in its own right, 4 times since 1951?
Shirley, it can’t be a city , if it’s already part of a city?
And yes, I do know about the City of Westminster, but that was historically a city before London.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If Croydon is part of London, why has it tried and failed to be granted City status, in its own right, 4 times since 1951?
Shirley, it can’t be a city , if it’s already part of a city?
And yes, I do know about the City of Westminster, but that was historically a city before London.

What a bizarre argument for your claim that Crystal Palace aren’t located in South London. :D

I’ll leave you to it.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
South Norwood SE25
London

It’s Surrey, and Surrey was a sub county of Sussex.

The original Sussex’s border went up to the Thames.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports