Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal & Stephens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, slightly off topic here I know - but in terms of our midfield options, where's Crofts? Is he still our player, and if so when does his contract run out?

On trial at Charlton under Slade who I believe brought him here from Gillingham when we were at Withdean? Good luck to both of them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If ever there was a 'wait until January' scenario this is it. If in January we are up and running and looking good for promotion, they will presumably both be anxious to be in the PL for 2017-8. Should be relatively easy to do a deal if we want to keep them and they want to stay.
If - heaven forbid - it all goes flat after last season, we may just have to face the inevitable and cash in in January.

Getting a tad ahead of ourselves l feel. No reason to think that we won't be pushing again come January. Still plenty of time to sign maybe three or even four additions to the squad, and we could be even stronger than we were last time out.

Unless they are approached by a Premier League club, or are offered silly money, why should they leave? We were a hairs breadth away from playing in the Premier League.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And, as usual, you're wrong.

You're welcome.

Next people will be saying we might sign Glenn f***ing Murray. When will they LEARN, eh??!?!?!

Friend

Jul 6, 2016
Stephens just tweeted "100 million for pogba? No
Chance he's 10x better than me"

Might be just overthinking this, but maybe this is a hint at him confirming a new contract signed with us, with a release clause of £10 million????
Don't know if that's too much for a player at this level, and it probably isn't what Dale was hinting at anyway haha

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hoping that he's just trying to wind people up with that, concerned me too though. Perhaps a hint that bids have been made for him? Strange thing to say.

Could simply be a throwaway comment based on a value in his current deal at which we would consider offers.
Not overly keen on a player putting that sort of value out there

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Because he lived there for two years and has friends there?

He's certainly not going there for footballing reasons.

He has. Nir Bitton his international team mate still plays for Celtic... apparently they're open to offers for him, wouldn't mind if he also made his way down to the south coast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here