Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Rosenior updates

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I spoke with Beram briefly yesterday after the game as he walked ,with his young family, to the car park. I wished him well and asked when he would be back. His reply " soon, but I won't get in the squad the way they're playing at the moment." Very humble,approachable bloke.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you have a strong constitution look back at the bench on that fateful day when we played 'Boro in December last year! Ince, Manu, Crofts and Chicksen FFS...
Of course we are stronger now, and at that time we were hit with injuries. Crofts wouldn't have been a bad option if he could have got back to fitness. Sidwell didn't look like a great option a year ago, but he's improved a lot.

PS - I don't think we had Murray on the bench.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
CH said in pre-QPR conference that Kayal has been back in training for a while, and is as good as ready, but likely to have a u-23/FA Cup fixture before getting back in first team squad, and Rosenior just back in training so he's a little further behind.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I expect they need to prove their match fitness is 100% like Solly had to do as we are not in anyway desperate (like we were last season). Could be a good few weeks before they get a chance unless an injury occurs.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yeah Marshy.

I'd bring him in. Make it a 5 man midfield, switch to 451, maybe give Stockers a rest and bring in Casper. Cancel the sale of Elvis, give him a run, go for that Calleri fella on loan from WHU. That should see us home and hosed.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yeah Marshy.

I'd bring him in. Make it a 5 man midfield, switch to 451, maybe give Stockers a rest and bring in Casper. Cancel the sale of Elvis, give him a run, go for that Calleri fella on loan from WHU. That should see us home and hosed.

Sarcasm ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sarcasm ?

just saying.... once fit Kayal is in my opinion our best Central midfield player, therefore he plays when fit.. i am fully aware that is not the opinion of a lot of people and while we are doing well many say dont change a winning team... but for me he plays.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
just saying.... once fit Kayal is in my opinion our best Central midfield player, therefore he plays when fit.. i am fully aware that is not the opinion of a lot of people and while we are doing well many say dont change a winning team... but for me he plays.
Agreed. Kayal & Stephens will still be the number 1 partnership and so they should really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah Marshy.

You can now loan a loanee on? Wow!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree that a match fit KK starts, but the problem at the moment is how do we get him match fit?

Mind you, I was telling everyone two weeks ago that Solly would take at least 5 games to get match fit and shouldn't be judged till then !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree that a match fit KK starts, but the problem at the moment is how do we get him match fit?

Mind you, I was telling everyone two weeks ago that Solly would take at least 5 games to get match fit and shouldn't be judged till then !
Think yourself lucky.
I was all for judging him after a full preseason.
While any positive cameo (word up) performance between now and then should just be be enjoyed as a lucky one off.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yeah Marshy.

That would see us relegated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm assuming his gentle return the the 1st team is aimed at having him 100% ready for Reading (or Newcastle). Does anyone expect him to start tomorrow?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Any news on Rosenior? Know he was back on crutches a couple of weeks ago but was it just a precaution or is he out for the season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any news on Rosenior? Know he was back on crutches a couple of weeks ago but was it just a precaution or is he out for the season?

He'd started training again, but picked up a foot injury, so precautionary. It often happens, a minor injury follows a major injury. I think he is hoping to take part before the season ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here