Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Rosenior updates

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Are we not forgetting about the Dundalk goal machine coming back from fitness as well?!
Surely Towell will be pushing for a spot on the bench soon - will be a fight out between him and Norwood to feature on the bench, possibly Sidwell as well, once Kayal and Stephens are paired together in CM again.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In my worthless opinion if anyone from centre mid is getting dropped it's Stephens. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he's a bit off the pacel at the moment, Sidwell has been magnificent of late.

If your opinion is worthless, why are you posting?......

........ but I agree with you.....

Agree not that your opinion is worthless, but that Stephens could be the one to be dropped.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think some people don't appreciate the role Stephens plays. In my view he is the cog that gets whole team playing. He's had some poor games by his standards recently but that was it, they were poor by his standards, it wasn't like he was a liability.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The sooner Rosenior is back the better. Forget the need for cover at left back; if Bruno goes wrong, we have no top class replacements although Goldson or Hunt could do 'a job'.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A lot more strength in depth this season, we haven't missed either of them and we won't miss Bong with a ready made replacement waiting on the bench

When he's serious he actually types a lot of sense!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kayal is an incredible player but in the position we are strongest. Agree that Stephens is the all around midfielder that works in any system or with any partner beside him.

I'm most excited about Liam returning though as feel we have 4 great CMs and any pair will do the job, but that LB and RB whilst strong, have zero depth. Liam would be my first choice at either edging out Bruno who I love by the slightest margin but certainly ahead of the very decent Bong. We need his flexibility and he helps as a winger option when we're ahead

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Probably FA cup third round kayal, rosenoir, Towell will play the full 90. Can't see how Towell can get on the bench but I think he has something to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kayal is back in training, as i believe is Rosenior (That's what he told me on way up to Birmingham anyway). I'd suspect they'll both play in Under 23s or FA Cup games...

They'll be back in squad contention for Preston game i'd suspect.

Amazing looking squad........if no-one else gets injured, who gets dropped from the matchday squad ?? Rosenior in for Hunt I guess, but how does CH drop one of Norwood, Stephens or Sidwell for Kayal ??? Great position to be in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but how does CH drop one of Norwood, Stephens or Sidwell for Kayal ???
How does he drop someone for the king!?

Rotate I guess, and pick depending one the opposition and how we're going to play.

How we've done so well despite not having Kayal is a miracle.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How does he drop someone for the king!?

Rotate I guess, and pick depending one the opposition and how we're going to play.

I would like to believe it is not so much a miracle as more a sign of the depth of our squad and the expert eye that Mr Hughton has for players to bolster the squad for exactly these moments.

If you have a strong constitution look back at the bench on that fateful day when we played 'Boro in December last year! Ince, Manu, Crofts and Chicksen FFS...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This. Losing the King for so many games would have been a big problem without our new strength in depth.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would like to believe it is not so much a miracle as more a sign of the depth of our squad and the expert eye that Mr Hughton has for players to bolster the squad for exactly these moments.

If you have a strong constitution look back at the bench on that fateful day when we played 'Boro in December last year! Ince, Manu, Crofts and Chicksen FFS...

Agreed. It is easy to focus on Duffy and Murray when talking about summer signings but the permanent signing of Sidwell after his loan and also signing Norwood has meant we've coped brilliantly with Kayal's injury, which would have been a disaster last season when he missed three games and we didn't win any of them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

FFS indeed.........!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here