Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson approached by Albion

Why would you be surpised at the strategy? It hasn't changed. Find a young manager who may or may not have something special and give them a chance.

You genuinely don't see a difference with the kind of young manager like Gus? Even Oscar? Easy 10 has explained the difference in grounding well I think.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah they did the double over us, which could explain why they didn't think we were that great.

I thought we won 2-0 against them at home? LuaLua scored a beauty of a free-kick.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My gut feeling is this could be a good one, but you can't deny that he hasn't got an absolutely outstanding record over the years at MK.

It's a tough time to make a managerial appointment as you kinda have 2 objectives that don't necessarily marry up well - 1) Get someone in who will have a relatively immediate impact in terms of organising and motivating the team to keep us up, and then 2) Someone who will then be able to re-build and create a team next year who can get back into the promotion mix. Case in point, Russell Slade was a perfect candidate for Obj 1, but couldn't do Obj 2.

For some reason I am quite confident about Robinson being able to build a good Championship team in the summer - he's worked without loads of cash at MK Dons, and whilst this is a division above, he does know the English Football League very well by now. As for Obj 1 (keeping us up), he seems to have passion which I think is the main priority, has worked with a similar level of players to what we have (and indeed some of our exact players), and I fully believe this IS an underachieving squad.

Would be quite pleased with this one.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You genuinely don't see a difference with the kind of young manager like Gus? Even Oscar? Easy 10 has explained the difference in grounding well I think.

I think the main difference is glamour. Poyet, Garcia and Hyppia all had past links with big name clubs.

I am not saying that I think Robinson should be the man, I am merely saying that Bloom has said that he wants Brighton to be associated with a certain way of playing, and that, of the candidates mentioned he is one of the few who seems to fit the bill. Bloom's M.O. seems to be to reject the old timers for young ambitious coaches with growing reputations as tacticians. Robinson also fits this bill. His team has scored 6+ in a few games this season and hammered Man Utd in the League Cup. If you view the previous four years as his apprenticeship, maybe Bloom sees him as someone who is now showing that he is ready to step up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
No prospective manager is going to please everyone and tbh we have no idea how any of them will work out. Bloom appointed Poyet who was a great appointment and Hyppia who was a crap one - not sure how many could have predicted that before the event.

Think we at least have to think he'd have a decent chance of succeeding.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bloom appointed Hyppia who was a crap one - not sure how many could have predicted that before the event.

Oh a fair few to be honest, with Hypia's previous results ending in getting the tin tack.......... it was bloody plain to see and I was screaming "Please God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

No one listened, but then why should anyone I am just a fan with an opinion.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Robinson not my first choice but it's generally accepted he likes to field an attacking team.

If we were to go down, better we do it with style and some entertainment than to miserably grind out a few draws?

I think the main difference is glamour. Poyet, Garcia and Hyppia all had past links with big name clubs.

I am not saying that I think Robinson should be the man, I am merely saying that Bloom has said that he wants Brighton to be associated with a certain way of playing, and that, of the candidates mentioned he is one of the few who seems to fit the bill. Bloom's M.O. seems to be to reject the old timers for young ambitious coaches with growing reputations as tacticians. Robinson also fits this bill. His team has scored 6+ in a few games this season and hammered Man Utd in the League Cup. If you view the previous four years as his apprenticeship, maybe Bloom sees him as someone who is now showing that he is ready to step up.

It's more than just glamour though isn't it? It's stature in the game, ability to cope with big personalities and reputations. Knowledge of top players. Ability to talk on equal terms with Bloom and Barber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here