Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson approached by Albion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's failed numerous times at MKD with a healthy budget...This is a YES man again who also will be falsed to have Jones as his no 2.You just couldn't write the script at this club as they're always looking for the cheap options who they can dictate everything too.

Falsed ?

Winkleman is such a cheap ******* he'd sell his own granny to us :(

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Not a fan of Puliss at all, though I do think he'd keep us up. My opinion is that we need a complete revamp of our coaching system with a director of football (Glenn Hoddle ?) to oversee an up and coming manager and coaches. Karl Robinson could be that manager though I dont see him much as up and coming...more stagnated at MK. Maybe a move would suit him and us, that doesnt mean I'd want him here .

I really can't believe that TB would be willing to pay MK compensation, when he could get a manager out of work for free.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What is this myth about him having a huge budget in League 1? It's simply not true. I find him a bit "meh" as a choice, but he does tick a lot of boxes. He has a mid-table budget in League 1 and relies on the youth system they have - ring any bells?
Who said huge budget?
He's had a healthy top half budget comfortably :)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I really can't believe that TB would be willing to pay MK compensation, when he could get a manager out of work for free.

I think I actually heard an interview were he said exactly that. "That there would be no need to pay for a manager when there was plenty of good ones out of work" know I could have either dreamt that as it was a while ago, or he could have had a change of heart since then.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We have to remember Bloom has this vision for the club in which we have a 'brand' of football and all ages of the youth team are taught to play the same way. Robinson would fit well into this mantra as head coach, Pulis wouldn't.
Whats that then?
1 goal a game
No attacking midfielders
Sideways passing
This obsession with our style is getting ridiculous as for one we struggle to score goals on a regular basis...Time to change if we're to progress.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't want Robinson down here unless we really are preparing for League One next season.
If he was that good, then why has no-one else in the Championship been linked with him (although I might be wrong)?

No, sorry, not for me. Pretty uninspiring choice IMO.

We're not in any position to take chances this time.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Jones is their golden boy and he'll be asistant manager again just like the previous two.Lets be honest an experienced manager would want his own staff and that doesn't happen here.

The club signed Sammy Lee to replace Jones, only to see Lee walk out on his contract and join Southampton? "Here" didn't say no to Hyypia bringing his own number 2, and weren't responsible for him getting another offer from Southampton.

I agree that an experienced manager would probably want his own staff - but I don't see why we should think they wouldn't be able to bring them?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't want Robinson down here unless we really are preparing for League One next season.
If he was that good, then why has no-one else in the Championship been linked with him (although I might be wrong)?

No, sorry, not for me. Pretty uninspiring choice IMO.

We're not in any position to take chances this time.

Birmingham have been in the past.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Should he appointed I await the posts a few months down the line saying he shows TOO MUCH passion.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Congratulations that's the fourth different spelling of his five letter name that I've seen on NSC! :)

Thanks, that just shows how little regard I have for Pulliss...... Polis.... him,

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
MK Dons approached it would seem, but have they said yes or no Toni's talking to him?

Whats that then?
1 goal a game
No attacking midfielders
Sideways passing
This obsession with our style is getting ridiculous as for one we struggle to score goals on a regular basis...Time to change if we're to progress.

No. He wants us to pay attractive, attacking, passing football. Gus and Oscar had the first two thirds of the pitch sorted and Hyppia, along with Burke, went and royally screwed that up. It's not an obsession but it's a very smart move. What's the point in building the academy, coaching them in one way then having the first team squad play a totally different brand of football?

I for one would be delighted with Pulis coming in but I can't see it. He's a manager. We have proved that we appoint coaches. Robinson, Rosler, McDermott and dare I say Jones would on paper seem the more likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here