Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma to a top 4 club - would it be a big move any more?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Because it’s debt accrued over a very long time which keeps mounting, year to year they stay within FFP due to their high income from merchandising, sponsorships etc.
Then surely the system/the rules is/are wrong?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think people under-estimate the pressure involved in playing for these clubs away from the football pitch. It's not just about playing in a bigger stadium in front of more people. You'd get recognised in the street (and probably abused) far more, and you have a global fanbase of millions of people suddenly analysing your every move, rather than 30,000 people in a small city in the South East. It's a different world altogether.
Most of the pressure from that fanbase is online. You are very unlikely to see Man U players in the street in the city centre unless it’s on the way into or out of a very posh club or restaurant. One of my kids lives in Stretford and there is zero likelihood of bumping into one there. Liverpool is the same. The players live in places like Formby but these aren’t big places.
Having said all that the media pressure at those clubs is off the scale compared to Brighton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Citeh's interest might be increased by the Paqueta interest suddenly becoming dead in the water - but I get the impression that Mitoma might be more amenable to the 'Give us one more season, and then.....' message than say, Caicedo's agent!

Hope so, anyway.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Surely now any approach must be met with a no deal at any price stance. By now we must have more money than it's possible to spend

It's not that I have no confidence in the replacement, Adingra will be terrific for us as well.

But let's try and get a key player tied down on a new deal

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Surely now any approach must be met with a no deal at any price stance. By now we must have more money than it's possible to spend

It's not that I have no confidence in the replacement, Adingra will be terrific for us as well.

But let's try and get a key player tied down on a new deal
Mitoma is one player I would hope we fight to keep for as long as possible (next 5 years at least). Also hope he is the type of person who has loyalty & will be very happy to stay with us. Aware clubs aren't always loyal either but I'd hope we stay loyal to him.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Brighton

Sell a player for £100m. Miss them not one single jot. Go out on Saturday and win 4-1 in joyous fashion. Go top of the table. Premier League? Completed it, mate.

Kaoru Mitoma

Just a lovely footballer doing lovely things in a lovely team. His goal against Wolves is an absurdity. Unimprovably perfect wide-forward play, picking up the ball out on the touchline just inside the opposition half before beating an entire defence through an unstoppable mix of speed, strength and impeccable close control before tying a ribbon around it all with a composed finish once only the goalkeeper remained in his path. Whole thing took about seven glorious seconds.

Please, Brighton. Don’t sell this one. We know it’s what you do, and you do it so wonderfully well. But don’t sell this one. We don’t want to see him, the joy and life sucked from his soul, sitting morosely on the bench at Chelsea or Manchester United. We couldn’t bear it.

Found this lovely piece online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here