Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kanye west

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I like hip hop but have always thought Kayne West was an overrated ****. I watched his set last night out of curiosity and it was rubbish. Even if you love his music you have to admit that it was ridiculously self-indulgent, badly planned, badly performed and utterly shambolic. The greatest living rock star on the planet my arse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair though, most rappers festival sets just end up sounding like some bloke mumbling into a mic. Emperors new clothes and all that. Can't even make out the fat-cat-sat-on-a-mat lyrics. Nevermind, they've got 20 million twitter followers, many more millions in the bank and they get paid in advance. So why should they care any more than Premier League footballers do?
You can fool enough of the people enough of the time :shrug:

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Each to their own and that....(it was utter b***s)...but it seems such a big departure and such a poor choice and bad taste from Michael Eavis. A fine reflection on how the the whole world has turned to poo at the moment. Yep, most there were digging it, but what choice had they got? Not exciting, not creative, just shite. Depressing.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The bulk of his music isnt to my taste but that isnt the point here. I am commenting on the performance and the entertainment. And it was really poor

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was unadulterated rubbish.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was unadulterated rubbish.

Quite. You look at the likes of Kanye West's sales figures and his apparent global adulation and you think well maybe you're missing out on something special. Then you see his live act and realise you're really not. Emperor's New Clothes with knobs on. And in.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Quite. You look at the likes of Kanye West's sales figures and his apparent global adulation and you think well maybe you're missing out on something special. Then you see his live act and realise you're really not. Emperor's New Clothes with knobs on. And in.

I think it's fair to say that anyone who has to proclaim themselves as 'the greatest living rock star on the planet', and actually mean it, is very unlikely to actually be the greatest living rock star on the planet, or anywhere near. The fact that he had the nerve to come out with that statement at the end of what was a car-wreck of a set tells you all you need to know about this particular Emporer.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Two words came in to my mind after seeing the last 20 minutes of Can Ye Please Not West last night and after hearing that presenter talking about how her mind had been literally blown on so many levels. The words were A*SE BANGLES.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No debate - I was there at the first one, but he obviously has a better source! I'm out of here to go and buy some Kanye West CDs!!

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make. If you went to the first one in 1970 as you seem to claim you'll know there was theatre and films plus a light performance actually advertised on the poster plus plenty of other stuff. The second festival went further with "dance, poetry, theatre, lights, and spontaneous entertainment".

If you're going to say there hasn't been any other "crap" you really need to explain yourself. Saying no debate and then running off makes us all think you're talking rubbish.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make. If you went to the first one in 1970 as you seem to claim you'll know there was theatre and films plus a light performance actually advertised on the poster plus plenty of other stuff. The second festival went further with "dance, poetry, theatre, lights, and spontaneous entertainment".

If you're going to say there hasn't been any other "crap" you really need to explain yourself. Saying no debate and then running off makes us all think you're talking rubbish.

In 1970 you just found your pitch on the hillside with a sleeping bag and a big polythene bag in case it rained. And you stayed there, so as not to lose your place. You and whoever you were with took turns to go to the bogs when absolutely necessary while the other one kept the space. Like Brighton beach in the fifties. One stage. A few loos, The odd burger stand. and f... all else. I've still got the programknow what there was there, and what wasn't. The other stuff crept in gradually over the years.

Anyway, the 'greatest living rock star on the planet' is just being put in his place by a couple of 70 somethings so I'm off to give my full attention to an act that deserves it - playing proper live too.

"All" of us thinking you are talking rubbish - that would be you and who else, then?

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I truly believe that he is the greatest rock star on the planet and I thought his performance was perfect.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
uploadfromtaptalk1435765139310.jpg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
from the title of the thread I thought for a minute that young lad at Spurs banging all the goals in was off to West Ham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here