Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just Got Back From the Academy.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This evening, I had the pleasure of watching the Under 9's, and what looked like the Under 10's, Under 11's and Under 12's, doing their training for an hour and a half. I've only been to The Academy once before, when it was only half-built, and I was allowed in to take some photos.
Now it's complete and been running for a few years, it certainly is a very impressive facility.
As for the youngsters there, both boys and girls mixed teams going through their training routines, followed by games.
What I saw was unbelievable. The quality of both the boys and girls was off the scale. Individual skill, strength on the ball, trickery, awareness, vision...you name it, they've all got it. If any parents, or Grandparents happen to be reading this, if you were there tonight watching your kids, you must be so proud.
The beginning of the conveyor-belt is well and truly working to perfection.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The academy is a superb place

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Amex stadia and a premier league squad playing European football is the very visible expression of Tony Bloom’s vision, investment and ambition. But it is the academy that will be his real legacy, changing lives and providing opportunities for young people for generations to come.

And all this he does without fanfare and devoid of ego. How did we get so fortunate?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The Amex stadia and a premier league squad playing European football is the very visible expression of Tony Bloom’s vision, investment and ambition. But it is the academy that will be his real legacy, changing lives and providing opportunities for young people for generations to come.

And all this he does without fanfare and devoid of ego. How did we get so fortunate?
Unbelievable isn't he? So lucky to have him. Vert rare that a chairman's ambition for the club to exceed fans ambition but that's what we have here I reckon.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Was Mwepu there training the youngsters, isn’t he our U9s coach?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unbelievable isn't he? So lucky to have him. Vert rare that a chairman's ambition for the club to exceed fans ambition but that's what we have here I reckon.
Is this a new cooking technique that is so achingly hip that, currently, @Herr Tubthumper is the only one amongst us that is aware of it but, as 2024 develops, the majority will?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A friend of Our old next door neighbour has 2 boys, they're 'Laaaandaan' everyones moved house/schools etc in the last ten years . . .but recently I bumped into one of the family who said one was at Palace, the other at Chelsea. . . . I politely enquired if Brighton may have made more sense given they live locally . . . . Apparently they 'didn't get on' there

NDP at work at all levels. ✊🏽

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Daughter is captain for her year, she played in a game about a month ago beating arch rivals Stringer, scoring two and was watched by someone from the academy, they have invited her to join the girl’s academy and starts on Wednesday after an injury. She has played there twice before against the academy girls, it is mighty impressive all the teams throughout the age groups are encouraged to play the same way.
Her PE teacher told her she has the best natural ability he’s seen at the school in a long while since a certain Lewis Dunk, her teacher Mr S Tuck, well there’s a blast from the past eh.
proud as punch, hope she enjoys her time there, they have their work cut out, she’s fast, powerful, and delivers a wicked cross and corner, but her spacial awareness leaves a lot to be desired.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was Mwepu there training the youngsters, isn’t he our U9s coach?
He was appointed to that role, but I think subsequent events put that on hold. I can't imagine that this is the type of "medical" advice we want to be promoting at our state-of-the-art academy:-

Enock.jpg

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
This evening, I had the pleasure of watching the Under 9's, and what looked like the Under 10's, Under 11's and Under 12's, doing their training for an hour and a half. I've only been to The Academy once before, when it was only half-built, and I was allowed in to take some photos.
Now it's complete and been running for a few years, it certainly is a very impressive facility.
As for the youngsters there, both boys and girls mixed teams going through their training routines, followed by games.
What I saw was unbelievable. The quality of both the boys and girls was off the scale. Individual skill, strength on the ball, trickery, awareness, vision...you name it, they've all got it. If any parents, or Grandparents happen to be reading this, if you were there tonight watching your kids, you must be so proud.
Can any of them play left back

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well done to you 👏
It's a great chance to experience the behind the scenes of the Albion academy.
Any fan would relish this chance.
I went a few years back and witnessed the support the players get in regards to food, education, fitness and everyday life aspects.
For me as a fan it was like a kid in a sweet shop.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here