NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Buonanotte (18)
Ferguson (19)
Baleba (19)
Hinshelwood (18)

and we gave
Baker Boitey (19) his PL debut too.

I'd say In the next few weeks when Enciso (19) returns there's a slim but possible window where we could field 4 or even 5 (five) teenagers in a starting 11 again. ie: Wolves (H) on Jan 22nd. But Enciso is 20 on Jan 23rd so time is running out !!

PS: IS THIS A RECORD ?

(and Duffus (18) had his Europa League debut just a few days ago )

PPS: There's a rump of the rest of the squad who are also v.young Pedro (22) , Glimour ( 22), Ansu Fati (21) , Verbruggen (21) , JPVH (23)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Buonanotte (18)
Ferguson (19)
Baleba (19)
Hinshelwood (18)

and we gave
Baker Boitey (19) his PL debut too.

I'd say In the next few weeks when Enciso (19) returns there's a slim but possible window where we could field 4 or even 5 (five) teenagers in a starting 11 again. ie: Wolves (H) on Jan 22nd. But Enciso is 20 on Jan 23rd so time is running out !!

PS: IS THIS A RECORD ?

(and Duffus (18) had his Europa League debut just a few days ago )

PPS: There's a rump of the rest of the squad who are also v.young Pedro (22) , Glimour ( 22), Ansu Fati (21) , Verbruggen (21) , JPVH (23)
Plus Adingra is only 21.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Meh....by the time these lads have reached the age of 18 I've almost lost interest in them.

Posting about Hinshelwood and Duffus on social media was in vogue almost three years ago:-

:thumbsup:

Hmm, you likey them young boys....are you (tries not to be too Ricky Gervais)religious? :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Only two of the eleven who started yesterday also started the league game Vs Chelsea in April and both of them went off injured in the first half last time. Squad revolution at its finest

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He'll have to be the way our injuries are stacking up.
He might get some game time before the end of the season but if he does join us in January (and isn't loaned ) then he'd be behind Adingra, Enciso, Ansu Fati, Mitoma, Buonanotte (all of whom will be fit by then) . Its also probable that Bloom - to replace March who could be out for a year - will invest in a (nother) winger so i'd say his prospects of starting matches will be extremely limited.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Meh....by the time these lads have reached the age of 18 I've almost lost interest in them.

Posting about Hinshelwood and Duffus on social media was in vogue almost three years ago:-

:thumbsup:

Given all our successes with youth progression, has there been a player over the last few years you were amazed didn’t make it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a recollection that under Dean Wilkins we put out our youngest ever starting XI. May be talking nonsense though. I'm sure some statto knows the answer?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's an incredible statistic, that.

And what's more incredible is that none of them looked out of place at this very top level, far from it.

Just think how good they'll be in a few more years. Even just another year, we'll start to see radical improvements in all of them.

I don't know how the f*** this club keeps doing this. It's incredible.

Edit: Did I mention all of this is incredible? I think I did.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Adrian Mazilu could be the next one when he joins in January.
Yes, let's hope that he turns out to be all that we and the club want, but I can't help feeling that he will be one for the future, as the saying goes. It would be asking rather too much of someone so young to slot into a PL team just like that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He might get some game time before the end of the season but if he does join us in January (and isn't loaned ) then he'd be behind Adingra, Enciso, Ansu Fati, Mitoma, Buonanotte (all of whom will be fit by then) .
In the actual month of January, it is very possible that EVERY ONE of those five players you have listed will be unavailable!

Adingra will be at the AFCON with Ivory Coast
Enciso's return date from injury is unclear
Ansu Fati's return from injury is unclear
Mitoma will be at the Asia Cup with Japan
Buonanotte might well be with the Argentina U23 squad at the Olympic qualifying tournament

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here