[Albion] Just getting fed up with our inability to win a big game

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course we've had some good wins - some cracking wins in fact - this season. Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Leicester to name but four, and never mind previous seasons.
I can see the OP's point though - have we won enough (or any) real six-pointers. n many ways our real and closest rivals in this seasons campaign are Brentford and Fulham. In four matches - effectively four six-pointers - against them we've played the better football - but dropped 11 out of 12 points. That really is f*****g annoying!
Over the four matches, average possession 68% - 32% to us. 82 shots for us against 29, 33 on target against 13.

1 point out of 12 ................................. :( :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That wasn't the question but you carry on :)
To be fair, the question was ****ing ridiculous.

We beat Liverpool and Man U and Chelsea, so you discount them as not being in form. We failed to beat Fulham and Brentford - shit happens., but we're above them both.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Of course we've had some good wins - some cracking wins in fact - this season. Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Leicester to name but four, and never mind previous seasons.
I can see the OP's point though - have we won enough (or any) real six-pointers. n many ways our real and closest rivals in this seasons campaign are Brentford and Fulham. In four matches - effectively four six-pointers - against them we've played the better football - but dropped 11 out of 12 points. That really is f*****g annoying!
Cracking wins yes. I can't deny that. I'm just looking at those statement wins, when you beat a United team actually playing well, not one with Fred and McTominay in the middle and wondering what to do with Ronaldo. When you beat a flying Liverpool rather than one in the rut they were in, and so on.

And thank you for being one of the very few to see my point, I appreciate that. No one has to agree with it, but nice to have it recognised

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
To be fair, the question was ****ing ridiculous.

We beat Liverpool and Man U and Chelsea, so you discount them as not being in form. We failed to beat Fulham and Brentford - shit happens., but we're above them both.
Why is it ridiculous? Sure its fun to put 4 past a gurning Ronaldo, but isn't winning games like today the best feeling in football, when you're toe to toe in a six pointer? Or is it all just about beating the big names to get that kudos?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
You are talking absolute nonsense:

Last season: Spurs had won four on the spin and 6 out of 7 when we beat them at their stadium.

Arsenal battling with Spurs for CL had won 6 of their previous 8 and we also beat them away.

Brentford lost only one of their opening 6 games last season - to us.

West Ham pushing for Europa league football off the back of an excellent season we beat them.

I can’t be bothered going further back as you clearly aren’t an actual Brighton fan but I enjoyed making you look like an idiot.

P.s. Chelsea had been unbeaten under Potter (9 games) until the game to the Amex and we pumped them.
Yeah, they're some of the best, sure. The Arsenal away win part season probably is our single best result in the Premier league, especially considering what they were on the verge of achieving, and the Spurs one not far off.

I shall ignore the insult as I'm a gentleman.

Twat :p

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yet another important game we fail to win. Really struggling to think of a single Premier League victory that can be classed as a 'good win'. Sure, we can beat a load of midtable cloggers, we can beat relegation fodder, we can beat big 6 teams when they're off form and having a mini crisis. But put us up against a team we're fighting for league position with, we don't win. Put us up against a team that's won 5 in a row, or a big 6 team playing well, we don't win. Maybe if the stadium is empty during covid we can win at Anfield, or if City get a man sent off we can beat them. But challenge Fulham or Brentford for a European spot, 1 point out of 12. Sure they score with basically each chance they have, and we take a thousand chances to score less, but we don't win. Somebody show me a 'good win we've had, please? Because I'm getting very fed up about it.
Dickhead

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Eh, I am definitely not moaning. I was doing precisely the opposite. I think it is only the OP that seems to be moaning.
Just don’t think it’s appropriate Premier League fans should be disgruntled about their teams when Brighton nearly dropped out the league in 1997! What about the likes of Wimbledon, Halifax, Aldershot, Chester etc.

Comes across very entitled tut tut.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Just don’t think it’s appropriate Premier League fans should be disgruntled about their teams when Brighton nearly dropped out the league in 1997! What about the likes of Wimbledon, Halifax, Aldershot, Chester etc.

Comes across very entitled tut tut.
I agree with you, and I am not. Read back to to the start of the thread and read my posts.
It is just a bit bizarre that in the season we have already won 12 games, beaten Man U, Chelsea (first time ever in PL) and Liverpool, you are complaining that we only beat teams out of form. Man U had a 100% record before we played them. We hadn't won in 5 or 6 before we played Chelsea. Get your half empty glass and pour some more beer in it. We are doing brilliantly well.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I agree with you, and I am not. Read back to to the start of the thread and read my posts.
Thanks for not taking the bait. Clearly proper Brighton.

Was just checking you wasn’t one of those people trying to say that fans of Premier League clubs who pile money, mileage, dedication, and revolve their lives around their clubs fixtures can’t be annoyed about goings on at their club without being labelled entitled because “it could be worse and all that”.

Enjoy Europe next season, champ. It’s a bloody blast.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My comment was more general, I wasn't bemoaning the fact that we always struggle against the teams around us, more that if the 6th and 7th teams play each other anywhere any league, there's a goodish chance of it maybe being a draw.
Fair enough. I personally have no idea of this is the case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is it ridiculous? Sure its fun to put 4 past a gurning Ronaldo, but isn't winning games like today the best feeling in football, when you're toe to toe in a six pointer? Or is it all just about beating the big names to get that kudos?
I like beating anyone. But I especially like sticking loads past West Ham…horrible club, horrible fans, perverts for owners etc. I’m a bit meh with Brentford.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes. We don't have good wins. Fulham did when they beat us. Everton did when they beat Arsenal. Bournemouth did today when they beat Fulham. I can't think of a really 'good win' we've had in five seasons, and no one has pointed one out yet
Tottenham away last season - Despite them ushing for CL football you will no doubt write that off as Spurs being in poor form
Arsenal away last season, - See Spurs above
Man Utd away this season - No doubt written off as in turmoil, although home record since our win shows no further defeats.

I won't go on, as no doubt you see all our wins in the PL as lucky and undeserved, If you can't see the truth, you are lost.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yet another important game we fail to win. Really struggling to think of a single Premier League victory that can be classed as a 'good win'. Sure, we can beat a load of midtable cloggers, we can beat relegation fodder, we can beat big 6 teams when they're off form and having a mini crisis. But put us up against a team we're fighting for league position with, we don't win. Put us up against a team that's won 5 in a row, or a big 6 team playing well, we don't win. Maybe if the stadium is empty during covid we can win at Anfield, or if City get a man sent off we can beat them. But challenge Fulham or Brentford for a European spot, 1 point out of 12. Sure they score with basically each chance they have, and we take a thousand chances to score less, but we don't win. Somebody show me a 'good win we've had, please? Because I'm getting very fed up about it.
Chelsea

This season

End of thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Well we want to win as many games as we can to finish as high as possible. Along the way it would be good to win some memorable games, for the memories. If we finish say 7th in the table, and you posted a poll of which games people would have rather won on the way: a 6 pointer against Fulham or Brentford, or against Chelsea after Potter left, or against Palace, I don't expect your 6 pointers would get many points.

Sure winning a 6 pointer increases our chances of qualifying for Europe, but the argument that we can't win big games doesn't stand up.

As for why your first post is ridiculous - we are not a big club, we are performing the best we've ever performed and having our best ever season, but you think it's not good enough because we didn't beat Fulham and Brentford? Come on, you know you're being daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports