Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just found out i will miss first game at Falmer

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
....i think!

Will first game be the 2 nd league game (13th Aug)of the season due to Pride clash?

If so then i am f***ed. Friends are getting married abroad that weekend - my Mrs is Bridesmaid but i am seriously contemplating not going.Cant see it going down well.

My only hope is a league cup game midweek but can i take that gamble?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
ditch

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm pretty sure the first (proper) game at Falmer will be on Sky anyway. They'd be idiots not to show it given the fight to get there etc.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i thought the first game at falmer was always gonna be the first day of the season (6th aug)

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
didnt something get said in one of the fans forums around easter time about how we are talking with the league to try and get the first game of that season at home?

i may be wrong, though...

I think the club have specifically asked the football league and the police for the first game of the 2011/12 season to be a home game, even if it does clash with Pride. Presumably the fact that it will be at Falmer will be less of a problem for the police than if it had been at Withdean

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
I think the club have specifically asked the football league and the police for the first game of the 2011/12 season to be a home game, even if it does clash with Pride. Presumably the fact that it will be at Falmer will be less of a problem for the police than if it had been at Withdean

That would be brilliant if it happens

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think the club have specifically asked the football league and the police for the first game of the 2011/12 season to clash with this wedding, just to wind you up.

Bloom out! :rant::rant::angry::angry::US:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm pretty sure the first (proper) game at Falmer will be on Sky anyway. They'd be idiots not to show it given the fight to get there etc.

I'd be very surpised if Sky care at all - I don't remember, have they covered other gounds first matches in recent years ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sure I read that the powers that be are speaking to the FA to ensure that the first league game of the season will be at home and those talks were going well

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd be very surpised if Sky care at all - I don't remember, have they covered other gounds first matches in recent years ?

I only remember them doing on site reporting for it, like the cut away bits on soccer saturday. Though I'm having recollections of one of the lower leagues getting coverage, but that was a mid season ground change, not opening day.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
just tell them that you have contracted AIDS and that you need to stay home that weekend to try and find a cure which, miraculously, you will have succeeded in doing by the time they return.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You can always make new friends, and get a new wife.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant beleive your worried about it tbh,no brainer,you must go with the mrs,:US:,

not:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here