Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just because Palace are bottom I don't think we should laugh at them

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont want to count any chickens just yet but I for one will be gutted IF we get to the championship and I havent got 2 Palace fixtures to look forward too

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My Palace mates tell me Palace have at least 4 key players still out, that will turn it around.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Looks like the GUS BUS will be bypassing selhurst next year!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What's the deal with the Albion? Great purchases? An inspired manager? The ultimate 'team'?

Cheers.

I think we are all surprised but chuffed to bits.

Poyet is an inspiration, and we know that he will be off in due course, but until then it's great to be a fan.

He quickly worked out where our weaknesses were (full backs) , proved the majority of fans wrong by standing up to Nicky Forster who wanted a two year contract. He has made us very solid in the middle this season by signing KLL, Kish and Dicker, and has turned Murray from a gifted but unpredictable striker into an all round menace up front.

We're pinching ourselves being 8 points ahead, but enjoying it whilst it lasts. Having supported the Albion for 30+ years you know to take the good times and embrace them, because the shit ones are never too far away. so we are making the most of it.

The sum is greater than the parts, which is a sign of a good manager, and we also look exciting, with two wingers and a pair of strikers who seem to understand each other.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

Poyet is an inspiration, and we know that he will be off in due course, but until then it's great to be a fan.

He quickly worked out where our weaknesses were (full backs) , proved the majority of fans wrong by standing up to Nicky Forster who wanted a two year contract. He has made us very solid in the middle this season by signing KLL, Kish and Dicker, and has turned Murray from a gifted but unpredictable striker into an all round menace up front.

We're pinching ourselves being 8 points ahead, but enjoying it whilst it lasts. Having supported the Albion for 30+ years you know to take the good times and embrace them, because the shit ones are never too far away. so we are making the most of it.

The sum is greater than the parts, which is a sign of a good manager, and we also look exciting, with two wingers and a pair of strikers who seem to understand each other.

Sounds like a good mix - I've clocked up 37 years so know all about the fickle finger of fate.

I'm sure that much is also down to confidence as well - you know that if you score first, you'll win. Once we're 1-0 down we look beat - that's the result of playing 17, 18 year olds. As for having 4 players out - 2 maximum, the cavalry ain't there.

Enjoy a glass tonight - I'm going to put the kids to bed and then have a glass watching Real Madrid. Even after today I'm mad for it - the wife will be pleased.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
We've lost a hard core of battlers - hill, derry, lee, lawrence, fonte.

I think financially the consortium are putting some decent blocks in place, but the squad is too lightweight and young. Today 14 of the 18 were academy, frees or loanees. Administration has stripped us bare.

Cheers.

However much i detest Palace they are paying the true price of Administration...not unlike Bournemouth have....but they have come good and it is good to see. Now compare that with the shambles that is Portsmouth F.C who have have paid out money left right and centre for loan players and wages while still owing their creditors millions (and their local newsagent £900:tantrum:) Why oh why do they get away with it while the likes of Palace and Bournemouth are made to go down the correct route...stinks..that is all*

* ehem good luck Palace scummers....we really do want to play you at the mecca of football,,The Amex

Feb 14, 2010

Look back on the posts before the season. Not surprised at all. Some of us said the difference would be that we had a foreign manager, with a brain that would get the side passing the ball instead of the English old fashioned Micky Adams style of kick and run

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Sums it up perfectly.

Who would have thought getting two quality full backs would make such a huge difference?

To lose our captain pre season, and not notice is quite an achievement.

Long way to go though.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
f*** 'em

Where seagulls dare Eagle is ambushed for his supper above Norwegian fjord 2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here