Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game...

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Very sloppy game. I'm quite relaxed about this season as nothing is set up right now to suggest that we can push for play-offs, but despite injury absences, I think that on paper we had at least 7 players that should have been better than the Yeovil counterparts and what was unacceptable was that there was little evidence of any players trying a different style of play to break them down.

Pleased to see Conway have a better game and with better service to him and Buckley I think we could have roasted them.

I enjoyed the day and Yeovil is a nice town and club, but we should have beaten them.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've just returned from the Hedge End KFC. It was absolutely rammed with hungry Seagulls, in home and away shirts. Comfort Food!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Regarding those possession stats. Its a fact they are plucked out if thin air by the press association.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Conway was ok today, I missed what number was on his shirt, but Ulloa would have had a field day today if he was playing plenty of quality crosses.

Conway was not ok at all. He was appalling and the worst loan player since Billy Paynter. When he was coming in on the angle in the first half and managed to fall over the ball, just about summed him up. But to be clear, it is not just Conway. This was a poor, poor performance. 3 perhaps 4 players turned up, the others were missing.

Shape wise it is shocking...... Sort it out Oscar!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Conway was not ok at all. He was appalling and the worst loan player since Billy Paynter. When he was coming in on the angle in the first half and managed to fall over the ball, just about summed him up. But to be clear, it is not just Conway. This was a poor, poor performance. 3 perhaps 4 players turned up, the others were missing.

Conway was our best player first half, before fading badly in the second. His delivery is first class.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Conway was our best player first half, before fading badly in the second. His delivery is first class.

What the one cross he got over after he turned on to his right foot for the umpteenth time. Useless, he is dreadful. It was just laughable when he fell over.

He is not good enough and should never have been signed - frankly an embarrassment. Hell, I could even play and mark him out of the game.

Best player in first half? Not even close.... wasteful, wasteful, wasteful......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think Conway Twitty tripping over the ball when clear summed up the day.

There is hope though as had we had Lita on earlier things may have happened.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think Conway Twitty tripping over the ball when clear summed up the day.

There is hope though as had we had Lita on earlier things may have happened.

Yes he looked dangerous. I just wonder if Barnes could have been shifted to where Conway was and played like he did last year at times.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is good there and after sixty minutes said that I get we had gone back in time to the 1990's.

It was a very average league one or two match.

Yes we have injuries and I excuse Oscar because of this.

But certain players are under performing, compared to what they are capable of.

Buckley, Bruno, Lopez all poor. Barnes offered little.

Early signs of Lita at suggest something better to come.

We will be fine when injured players are back but by then too far behind to get anywhere near the okay offs. Reminds me very much of the 91-92 season following play off failure the season before, which is a worry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What the one cross he got over after he turned on to his right foot for the umpteenth time.

I've been a huge critic. He's looked lazy and disinterested in previous efforts. Your summation on his performance today though, is miles out.

One decent cross in the first half?

Without even thinking, I can recall at least five.

Great right foot one for Barnes' header
Another excellent one a minute or so later that very nearly led to an own goal.
He got to the byline and put a left foot cross inches in front of Barnes a few minutes later.
2 or 3 good corners.

C

CT1

Were you at the game? Surely not..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here