Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I would take a point and a clean sheet from any away game.

Look, we were passionless, clueless and gutless today. Getting a point against Yeovil was not good enough, they were there for the taking, and will finish rock bottom.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was standard League One fare.

Neither team able to retain possession well beyond the halfway line. Scores of misplaced passes, poor control and wasteful forwards.

We actually started the game very well, and were close to going ahead three times in the first ten minutes (Barnes over the bar from six yards / Barnes header from excellent Conway cross, well saved by Hennessy / near own goal header from another good Conway cross). That was as good as it got, until the last few minutes, when Buckley created a few chances for Lita to waste.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Do you actually know anything about football?

You would be happy for a nil nil draw in every away game and then you question my knowledge. If you are seriously saying you would be happy with that in every game including bottom of the table opposition then you need to ask yourself the question

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It was standard League One fare.

Neither team able to retain possession well beyond the halfway line. Scores of misplaced passes, poor control and wasteful forwards.

We actually started the game very well, and were close to going ahead three times in the first ten minutes (Barnes over the bar from six yards / Barnes header from excellent Conway cross, well saved by Hennessy / near own goal header from another good Conway cross). That was as good as it got, until the last few minutes, when Buckley created a few chances for Lita to waste.

This is also spot on

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just got back to Devon. 16 shots? 5 at most!

Off the top of my head:

1st half
Barnes over the bar first time from six yards
Barnes header early, well saved by Hennessy
Weak shot by Bruno, from the angle
Shot across the face by Barnes (should have crossed)
Back post header from Bruno
Back post header from Greer

2nd half (might get some players mixed up)
Buckley chip into side netting
Lita high over when clean through
Lita across the face, after good move
Lita on the turn (cleared off the line?)
One that hit the post (?) at the very end

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You would be happy for a nil nil draw in every away game and then you question my knowledge. If you are seriously saying you would be happy with that in every game including bottom of the table opposition then you need to ask yourself the question
Its all about wining the home games and picking up what you can away. This league is getting harder any point earned away is a good point, its all about wining the home games.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Its all about wining the home games and picking up what you can away. This league is getting harder any point earned away is a good point, its all about wining the home games.

You can't back track. You said you would take every away game nil nil. That as I said before is nonsense. You can't actually mean that seriously?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was in the main stand. A lot of them did look like Wurzel Gummidge and sound like Bill Bailey.
The best bit was their run out song, yes it was the Wurzels, you may not have heard it on the terrace but I got it full blast, me and my mate were laughing our nuts off with everyone staring at us.
Anyway, back to the game many above are spot on but to be fair with the players we had out we were always going to struggle against a side that were intent on stopping us playing. As soon as we got in the final third they fouled and accepted the free kick or yellow card. They made the game stop and start which did not help us at all because when we got some momentum we were obviously so much better than Yeovil who were crap but could have won it at the end, but we were disappointing. A full strength albion would have murdered them.
Final point Matthew Upson, you are a class act.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Hang on - I've been led to believe that Conway is absolutley s**t, a complete waste of wages, and evidence that David Burke has no clue what he is doing. Does your report indicate that this may not be true? :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here