[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

I think he’ll be around the first team squad. I think they’ll see that as sensible given he’s a Spanish speaker and there’s loads of young Spanish speakers at the club. I suspect at least one of the youngsters who got on the bench last season- Ferguson, Offiah, Turns, will get a decent loan. Would be great to see Ferguson in the Championship.
But with the young Pole, Mitoma and Khadra all there or there abouts it is quite congested. Not to mention a fit Sarmiento.

I have it on good authority that Warren Aspinall has now been appointed as the club’s official interpreter. :cheers:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good news.

He looks incredibly exciting in those videos. Wonderful balance and turn of pace.

Look forward to watching him.

Is he allowed to play weeknights too, or does it depend on Geography trips next day?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What some haven’t mentioned yet is that the club may not have made a decision yet, not just based on seeing him in training but also on what transfer ins and outs we’ve yet to come.

Eg - maybe the plan right now is to send him to Belgium for the year, but perhaps if Trossard suddenly left I think that would make a difference.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What some haven’t mentioned yet is that the club may not have made a decision yet, not just based on seeing him in training but also on what transfer ins and outs we’ve yet to come.

Eg - maybe the plan right now is to send him to Belgium for the year, but perhaps if Trossard suddenly left I think that would make a difference.

Did you not see the reference to training with the first team squad. Wasn't that a clue?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

yes they may well not have decided yet, but I think expecting an 18 year old from the paraguayan first division to come and replace our top scorer and best attacking outlet is a massive massive risk.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you not see the reference to training with the first team squad. Wasn't that a clue?

So, I suspect, will several of our returning loanees and U23s while GP and the rest of his team take a look at where they are now, and what to do with them next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

They want to take a look at him, yes.

Lots of players will be training with the first team squad who might yet go out on loan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yes they may well not have decided yet, but I think expecting an 18 year old from the paraguayan first division to come and replace our top scorer and best attacking outlet is a massive massive risk.

That was an example, not saying he’d ever be a direct replacement.

Just that whether he goes on loan or not may depend on how the squad is shaping up in 6 weeks’ time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You’d think the club and GP will have learnt from chucking Connolly in too soon. He looked the real deal before he made the first team. I guess they’ll weigh up how big a gamble they want to take with someone who is just a kid, but if he’s good enough :shrug:

The five subs change may swing it though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports