Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any early rumours as to which big club will be buying him this time next year?

Depends how well he does at Stoke, shirley? If they send him back in January he could be finished (or the new Billy Arce)................................ :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They’re sat on the decking at the Malmaison, same place as the earlier picture in the Marina was taken so I don’t think it’s a spoof. Very, very likely that’s where he’s staying as both the Albion and visiting clubs use it all the time

A bit odd that the club are allowing (if they’ve approved it) so much noise before the signing is public, but as [MENTION=2657]paulie[/MENTION] G says it’s colossal news in Paraguay - he’s their golden boy. Given we’ve now got Ecuador and Paraguay sewn up, suggest someone starts looking at Venezuela, Peru and Colombia for our next big wonderkid signing :D

Ahem ....... Steven Alzate.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Really excited by this.

Another player with the potential to be world class. He might well end up more Connolly than Cucu but his signature has given me hope after the loss of 1+ of our best players to Champions League teams.

He’s already got 5 caps at the age of 18, and scored 11 goals in 14 starts this season. I know it will be a (major?) step up to the Premier League, but….

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Or perhaps neither deal is complete yet

Maybe

Or they just report on deals when they're actually done.

Could be

I would think they will announce both at the same time, so as to soften the blow, so to speak.

Nope

Haven't heard any more about Danny Welbeck signing a new contract yet either, or have I missed it, was supposed to be ready to sign before the West Ham match.

Dunno

d3fb276b5c0b922785bc706a151029b8.jpg

Think they were forced into this

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Loan to Union for work permit, Shirley?

So do we need to loan him to get work permit or not

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The report on the club website says he's joining up with the first team squad when they report back for pre-season training. That means the work permit is not an issue, he wouldn't be allowed to train with the club unless he had one. He may still go out on loan but it won't be for anything other than experience and game time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The report on the club website says he's joining up with the first team squad when they report back for pre-season training. That means the work permit is not an issue, he wouldn't be allowed to train with the club unless he had one. He may still go out on loan but it won't be for anything other than experience and game time.

International caps maybe get him over the line ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
International caps maybe get him over the line ?

It's possible but I am not sure that Paraguay's ranking is high enough for it to tip him over the line. It's likely he got close to the 15 points required and we applied for an exemption based on him being a promising youth player. Of course the international caps at such a young age would have gone a long way to convincing the FA to grant the exception.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t under estimate Paul Barbers influence within the FA - few times we’ve managed to get work permits in place when not enough points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here