Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Private jets don't have the range for a flight from South America to Europe. Nowhere near it. He'll be on commercial.I'm pretty sure there's no direct flights from either Ecuador or Paraguay so a connection would be needed regardless.

Putting my plane geek hat on, but they do have the range. Quito to London is around 5000nm and at least half a dozen different private jet types can fly over 6000nm, the Gulf stream G650er can do over 7000nm with a full load. Whether the club would fork out the huge sum it would cost is another matter.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Putting my plane geek hat on, but they do have the range. Quito to London is around 5000nm and at least half a dozen different private jet types can fly over 6000nm, the Gulf stream G650er can do over 7000nm with a full load. Whether the club would fork out the huge sum it would cost is another matter.

Of course there are planes that could do it in one hop but the G650 is designed for 18 people. It seems a little excessive for a teenager and his agent.
I reckon he'll be in BA business class from Sao Paulo via a Citation or similar connection.

Jimmy Grimble

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Of course there are planes that could do it in one hop but the G650 is designed for 18 people. It seems a little excessive for a teenager and his agent.
I reckon he'll be in BA business class from Sao Paulo via a Citation or similar connection.

Agreed. I’m sure the club would be looking at their carbon footprint as well.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think he will be 1st team squad. A big fee to then send him to Stoke or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It appears that the attacking winger/AM role is up for grabs with Trossard, Khadra, Sarmiento and Mitoma plus Enciso with Maupay and Undav available to play a deeper role. In essence, we’ll be loaning out or selling at least 3 of the above.

Good chance that Khadra and Enciso are loaned. Really can't see much likelihood of the others, unless Mitoma wants to stay at USG and play in the European competition.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah, their policy is not to leave a carbon footprint, just fly everywhere instead.

Yeah but at least a regular flight is better than hiring private jets Willy nilly!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

More likely Ascuncion to Madrid I reckon…….

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Good chance that Khadra and Enciso are loaned. Really can't see much likelihood of the others, unless Mitoma wants to stay at USG and play in the European competition.
If Cucurela goes, Mitoma will be needed as 1st or 2nd choice wing back.... depending on the Gomez story.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
https://twitter.com/ryanadsett/status/1535031750698717192

The thing I noticed most about these goals is that unlike most of our players, he doesn't keep taking two or three extra taps to get in the perfect position- he sees the goal and hits it. How often were we all shouting "Just shoot" last season as players tried to get a slightly better angle/position, and ended up getting closed down, or losing the ball.

This is a good observation.

Another one would be his finishing. Seems to be at a very high level, be it with his left or right peg. He does not seem to favour a particular foot whatsoever. So the need to manoeuvre the ball to his favoured foot just isn’t there.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think he will be 1st team squad. A big fee to then send him to Stoke or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random post alert.

My neighbour went to Stoke a couple of days ago for the first time (his sons band had a gig there) and he described it as a complete sh*t hole. Their equivalent of Churchill Sq had 59% of the shops shut and the city was full of graffiti which no one cleaned up.

I went there a very long time ago and seemed to remember it was a busy place with quite a few factories.

A comment on post lockdown Britain.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Their equivalent of Churchill Sq had 59% of the shops shut.

I think most of us would have come back and said something like “more than half the shops”, or - at best - “out of every 5 shops, 3 were shut”.

But “59%” is frighteningly precise. Is your neighbour Uncle Colm from Derry Girls?

https://youtu.be/ac9EaVrMWoQ

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Random post alert.

My neighbour went to Stoke a couple of days ago for the first time (his sons band had a gig there) and he described it as a complete sh*t hole. Their equivalent of Churchill Sq had 59% of the shops shut and the city was full of graffiti which no one cleaned up.

I went there a very long time ago and seemed to remember it was a busy place with quite a few factories.

A comment on post lockdown Britain.

I got the same impression when we played the last game of the season at Port Vale in fancy dress years ago. Every shop was either boarded up, or seemed to be a hairdressers or an off licence, with plenty of graffiti. We all thought it was a shithole too.

Police in full riot gear seemed over kill too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here