Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This thread shocks me. So many people obsessed with what Tim Vickery thinks. Do people care what, say, Michah Richards thinks because he watches a lot of English football?

And so many people who don't understand the control the Albion have these days over information that gets put in The Argus or Athletic. If Naylor reports detail about the club, it's because the club are happy for it to be public so they give it to him to report.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think most of us would have come back and said something like “more than half the shops”, or - at best - “out of every 5 shops, 3 were shut”.

But “59%” is frighteningly precise. Is your neighbour Uncle Colm from Derry Girls?

https://youtu.be/ac9EaVrMWoQ

One of the finest comedy series ever imo - so many strong characters - fantastic!

Now back on topic, I think Tim Vickery DOES often offer a lot of useful insight, he follows the South American game a lot. Proof will be in pudding anyway though and I hope we get the chance to see

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread shocks me. So many people obsessed with what Tim Vickery thinks. Do people care what, say, Michah Richards thinks because he watches a lot of English football?

And so many people who don't understand the control the Albion have these days over information that gets put in The Argus or Athletic. If Naylor reports detail about the club, it's because the club are happy for it to be public so they give it to him to report.

When Richards has 20-30 years of experience of watching more than 4 teams and after he's stopped chasing clickbait he may well have some merit.

So until such time as someone, anyone, with any knowledge of South American football comes forth, Mr Vickery is all.we have.

And yes there aren't 'scoops' that come from outside the club.
It's quite amazing really, Lancing must be gossip central at the moment (it would be if I worked there) but it's rare for anything to get out.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

I used to listen to Radio 5s World Football Phone In. I vaguely remember Tim saying once that some clubs before they scout a player will actually ask Tim what his opinion is on that player. Doesn't mean they wouldn't scout him if he didn't have a good opinion, but it shows that if clubs value what he has to say then he really does know what he's talking about. I think he's fantastic.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Cucurela goes, Mitoma will be needed as 1st or 2nd choice wing back.... depending on the Gomez story.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mitoma is right footed and couldn't defend if his life depended on it, this is the reason he was not always a starter in Union SG. He wouldn't survive as a wing back in the PL.

If Cucu goes a need LWB is needed. March is good enough to start but would require backup (or better).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You’re confusing ‘watches and talks mostly bollocks and gets paid for it’ with ‘studies, analyses and reports on with years of experience’. TV - to me at least - has an encyclopaedic knowledge of LATAM football and is way more insightful than virtually all of the uk based reporters……he also called Caicedo about 3 years ago as being the real deal, way before we were in the frame (or at least before we knew….the scouting team were probably all over him).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Re Naylor, apparently not if you see his post on the Reims friendly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone told me on here that Vickery says every South American kid moving to England is amazing, when I quoted his reviews on Caciedo. Now he’s mentioned a player where he has some concerns and he’s clueless.

Poor bloke can’t win

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid,

Someone told me on here that Vickery says every South American kid moving to England is amazing, when I quoted his reviews on Caciedo. Now he’s mentioned a player where he has some concerns and he’s clueless.

Poor bloke can’t win

Hi concern was around the level Enciso has played at. With Caicedo, there was international football and South American Champions League experience to clearly see the types of performance we’ve seen this season from Moises were on the cards. He also said that our scouts would know a lot more than him.

Until Enciso has been tested consistently at a much higher level, you have to say that Vickery is spot on.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Hi concern was around the level Enciso has played at. With Caicedo, there was international football and South American Champions League experience to clearly see the types of performance we’ve seen this season from Moises were on the cards. He also said that our scouts would know a lot more than him.

Until Enciso has been tested consistently at a much higher level, you have to say that Vickery is spot on.

I mean he really wasn't wrong about Moises was he? Clear to see why he was so excited after the conquering of North London - kid has all the potential in the world.

#ITrustTim

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I mean he really wasn't wrong about Moises was he? Clear to see why he was so excited after the conquering of North London - kid has all the potential in the world.

#ITrustTim

I seem to remember him speaking in positive terms about Mac Allister too.

Surely this can't be a case of rating Vickery when he says we want to hear and slating him if he doesn't, can it?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid

Does anyone know if he's taken off from Asuncion yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here