[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Following this flight will be fun .

An interesting definition of the word "fun" when both the departure and destination time and location are already known :jester:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He's a skinny 18 year-old being plucked from the Paraguayan league. Of course he's one for the future.

But you can bet we're not prepared to spunk 10 million quid on him having only watched him a handful of times. Extensive homework will have been done.

Talking about spunking cash, what's happening with our £8m Sima signing. Injured at Stoke pretty much all of last season. Does anyone think he will be in consideration this season or will another loan be more likely? If so it maybe that we Albion fans don't see him in the stripes until at least the 3rd year of his contract.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Talking about spunking cash, what's happening with our £8m Sima signing. Injured at Stoke pretty much all of last season. Does anyone think he will be in consideration this season or will another loan be more likely? If so it maybe that we Albion fans don't see him in the stripes until at least the 3rd year of his contract.

Naylor has reported that another loan is likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

I think your right. He will go out on loan again. Seems a bit of a strange signing. Apparently both Manchester clubs were after him at one stage. Zeqiri will go out on loan again or be sold. Potter obviously does not rate him
Mind you, according to Naylor the Polish lad is going out on loan again, so we will not see him until the third year of his contract either! !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid,

Has he actually said a loan is likely?

The latest I can find from this article https://theathletic.com/news/brighton-julio-enciso/c9jz3u6rApI0/

That seems to be his opinion that a loan would be more beneficial rather than the clubs current thinking. Not saying a loan won’t happen but until he’s been assessed the club will be nowhere near making a decision on which path he will follow.

Naylor also fails to mention that Mac Allister didn’t get a work permit at first and that’s why he had to stay out on loan. It’s likely to be a different situation for Enciso.

A loan for Sima as was answering a query from a quoted OP

Yep - all he has said about Enciso is as you say he will “assessed” (Ie too early to say I imagine)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Has he actually said a loan is more likely?

The latest I can find from this article https://theathletic.com/news/brighton-julio-enciso/c9jz3u6rApI0/

That seems to be his opinion that a loan would be more beneficial rather than the clubs current thinking. Not saying a loan won’t happen but until he’s been assessed the club will be nowhere near making a decision on which path he will follow.

I think that it is likely that a lot of potential loan deals/sales will be arranged, but usually they don't happen until near the end of the transfer window, so I suspect he will be there for pre-season training, like a number of other players such as Sima, until GP and his staff work out who they need.

I think the additional factor for them this season are the 5 sub rule.
There is potentially an argument for having an extra impact forward on the bench. (Sometimes last season we filled the final few places with a third goalie and U23s who weren't ever going to get on.)

The World Cup before Christmas may also have an impact on who goes on loan where, as I think GP looks very closely at not over-playing some of the team, and may want to have as many players as possible available.
I assume this budding superstar will count as U21 and so not officially count towards the 25 man squad.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
https://twitter.com/ryanadsett/status/1535031750698717192

The thing I noticed most about these goals is that unlike most of our players, he doesn't keep taking two or three extra taps to get in the perfect position- he sees the goal and hits it. How often were we all shouting "Just shoot" last season as players tried to get a slightly better angle/position, and ended up getting closed down, or losing the ball.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I know……but he still can’t come direct from Paraguay :D

Private jets don't have the range for a flight from South America to Europe. Nowhere near it. He'll be on commercial.I'm pretty sure there's no direct flights from either Ecuador or Paraguay so a connection would be needed regardless.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think your right. He will go out on loan again. Seems a bit of a strange signing. Apparently both Manchester clubs were after him at one stage. Zeqiri will go out on loan again or be sold. Potter obviously does not rate him
Mind you, according to Naylor the Polish lad is going out on loan again, so we will not see him until the third year of his contract either! !

It would be easier for NSC if we didn't know anything about these lads until their 3rd year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports