Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh Duffus

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just posting this whilst I remember so that @AZ Gull, when he wakes up, can fill us in on Josh Duffus. A new name to many of us, I'm sure.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know our scouting is the envy of many, but you've really got to hand it to the team in spotting this talent nearly 35 years before he was even born.

(sauce)

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12.08.24.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought he was just the Latin Shane Duffy at first

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
on this basis and injuries then squad tonight will be

Steele, Verbruggen,
Milner, Igor, JPVH*, Webster, Dunk, Veltman
Gross, Dahoud, Gilmour, Hinshelwood, Duffus, Baleba
Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Pedro, Mitoma, Ferguson

leaving 1 slot on the bench... (perhaps McGill as a third keeper or another u21 hopeful)

My sense is that Estupinan could be back for Sunday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just posting this whilst I remember so that @AZ Gull, when he wakes up, can fill us in on Josh Duffus. A new name to many of us, I'm sure.

I've been discussing this with @dwayne and @dazzer6666 on the match day thread.

It appears that what the club are showing as 'current season stats' which look decent are actually last season's U18s.

In short, he's rawer than an Amsterdam steak tartare.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
on this basis and injuries then squad tonight will be

Steele, Verbruggen,
Milner, Igor, JPVH*, Webster, Dunk, Veltman
Gross, Dahoud, Gilmour, Hinshelwood, Duffus, Baleba
Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Pedro, Mitoma, Ferguson

leaving 1 slot on the bench... (perhaps McGill as a third keeper or another u21 hopeful)

My sense is that Estupinan could be back for Sunday.

We can name up to 12 subs for Europa League games. We had 12 on the bench for AEK and 11 against Marseille. Both times we named McGill and whichever of Steele/Bart wasn’t starting.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We can name up to 12 subs for Europa League games. We had 12 on the bench for AEK and 11 against Marseille. Both times we named McGill and whichever of Steele/Bart wasn’t starting.
In which case definitely McGill, Duffus, and perhaps 2 more u21s tonight but i doubt we'll name 12.
(Lamptey, Welbeck, March, Estupinan, Lallana and Enciso/Moder are all out)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It has been difficult to follow the U21 so far this season. Last season Duffus made a few appearances for the U21 as an U18. From what I saw he was mostly deployed on the left wing. Best comparison I can give is a bit like when Wellbeck played out there. He looks quite a big lad and tends to cut inside and nick the odd goal. My assumption from watching him was that he was more likely to be a centre forward, who they felt was not quite ready to take the step up to U21s in that position. If he is to get a place on the bench tonight my guess is that this is more as recoginition of his progress to date, rather than as a potential match winner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where has this ‘team news’ come from, and why are people paying it any attention?

I doubt the actual team has even been 100% decided yet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've been discussing this with @dwayne and @dazzer6666 on the match day thread.

It appears that what the club are showing as 'current season stats' which look decent are actually last season's U18s.

In short, he's rawer than an Amsterdam steak tartare.
Given that you can name 12 subs for the game then he's just along for the ride i guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here