Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Was only a few months ago we were rumoured to be in talks with him. Huddersfield fans were on here saying he was no good. Think their opinion may have changed a little bit now

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
At times yes, but I think it's pretty obvious we need a striker with aerial presence.

Rhodes is not a target man, just because he's tall that doesn't automatically make him a hold up player.
We need an outlet, Rhodes is not that, hence as JJB said why he was left out the side last year numerous times, it was nothing to do with fitness.

Great player, but too similar to Barnes. We need somebody like a Ricky Lambert (obviously not going to get him, but that kind of player).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair play Huddersfield. Very unfortunate last season. Their quality is shining through now after bit of a hangover from play offs. Pretty sure they will win the league. Unbeaten record is staggering as well. As for Rhodes, 13 in 5. . wow

I can't see them going above Charlton but think they'll go up automatically with them.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I don't care if he hasn't got major Championship experience but he's exactly what we need, 11 goals in 5 games now for him for club and country, absolutely class.

THIS !!!! Exactly what i thought about a month ago mate SPOT on fella !!!!

Why would Huddersfield want to sell him if they are pretty nailed on for promotion. For every goal he scores they will add a few grand to any asking price from potential suitors.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why would Huddersfield want to sell him if they are pretty nailed on for promotion. For every goal he scores they will add a few grand to any asking price from potential suitors.

This.......come on town

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Spot on, i've been desperate for us to sign him for the last couple of years! Great goalscorer, very, very good in the air too and can handle himself pretty well. I imagine plenty of teams would be after him though, would be a great addition though.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Hat trick for Rhodes, 3rd Hat trick of the season I THINK.

third hatrick in a month more like. saw him at Brentford and was impressed

some interesting comments about his hold up play - i'd like to see him again to judge him against those criticisms. in the air he was immense and dangerous though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was only a few months ago we were rumoured to be in talks with him. Huddersfield fans were on here saying he was no good. Think their opinion may have changed a little bit now

Yeah exactly right. There was a time when I think us or someone would of got him with a bit of persistance. Not now though

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
simply can't agree with this on the basis that Barnes does not have anything like the same ability in the air

Barnes scores headers, as with Mackail-Smith due to the fact he gets inbetween the center halves and will therefore have a free header. Neither outjump or outmuscle a center half, Rhodes is the same, the goals he scores are down to his movement.
He is not a hold up player, far, far from it. Hence why Alan Lee is playing a much bigger role for them this year.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Barnes scores headers, as with Mackail-Smith due to the fact he gets inbetween the center halves and will therefore have a free header. Neither outjump or outmuscle a center half, Rhodes is the same, the goals he scores are down to his movement.
He is not a hold up player, far, far from it. Hence why Alan Lee is playing a much bigger role for them this year.

regardless.... Barnes does not have the same ability in the air.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You have nothing upfront other than CMS. He has no presence and is more of a worker. If you had Rickie, you'd be shit hot.

I appreciate why you'd say that (based on watching a couple of our games on TV I assume), but the truth is, we don't really know what we have up front yet. Barnes has five or six goals, so you can't really say he's contributed nothing, while we spent a couple of million quid on Will Buckley & Will Hoskins, both of whom have looked very good & made real contributions when they have played, but have been injured for long periods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here