Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
would love to see him here doubt he would want to come as hudds are doing very well and will be with us come next season

As others have said, we dont need him, he simply isn't what we need. We need a big lump with some presence.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I appreciate why you'd say that (based on watching a couple of our games on TV I assume), but the truth is, we don't really know what we have up front yet. Barnes has five or six goals, so you can't really say he's contributed nothing, while we spent a couple of million quid on Will Buckley & Will Hoskins, both of whom have looked very good & made real contributions when they have played, but have been injured for long periods.

Precisely this - I've got feeling Hoskins and Buckley (if he can stay it) are gonna be the dogs bolls once they get a few games under their belts.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As others have said, we dont need him, he simply isn't what we need. We need a big lump with some presence.

Why do we need a big lump up front? That is such an outdated idea. None of the top teams in Europe have a big lump and Swansea and QPR managed to ge out of this division last year without one. We need a better keeper, centre back and another more mobile, clinical striker.

If we got Jordan Rhodes I would be over the moon. He is quality but to be honest I doubt very much he woulc come here as it would only be a sideways step

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do we need a big lump up front? That is such an outdated idea. None of the top teams in Europe have a big lump and Swansea and QPR managed to ge out of this division last year without one. We need a better keeper, centre back and another more mobile, clinical striker.

If we got Jordan Rhodes I would be over the moon. He is quality but to be honest I doubt very much he woulc come here as it would only be a sideways step

I noticed you didnt put Norwich in that group with Grant Holt! A big lump would be plan B but hopefully Hoskins and Buckley will be mobile enough to lay on goals for themeselves and CMS. Barnes is ideal to bring on asa sub but he does not link up with or compliment CMS enough

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Erm we need someone with presence because this team right now has absolutely f*** all, and we just get bullied off the ball in seconds, we cannot hold the ball upfront for more than a few seconds at a time, the midfield cannot string passes together without giving it away and we get raped down the flanks because our full backs are shit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Erm we need someone with presence because this team right now has absolutely f*** all, and we just get bullied off the ball in seconds, we cannot hold the ball upfront for more than a few seconds at a time, the midfield cannot string passes together without giving it away and we get raped down the flanks because our full backs are shit.

Over reaction isnt it? Im actually very happy where we are right now considering where we have come from. We happened to have played some in form teams recently.

I actually feel some midfield support for Bridcutt is more important than a big lump up front. Harley has been poor and im not convinced about Dicker and Sparrow at this level. Hopefully Reyes will work out. I also feel sorry for Calderon and Painter, I think they are good players but they have very little help from those in front of them and are continually left over exposed. A more commanding keeper and centre half would also help when you look at the goals we do concede. I actually feel a new striker is not that much of a priority in comparison to other areas of the pitch.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007

Over reaction isnt it? Im actually very happy where we are right now considering where we have come from. We happened to have played some in form teams recently.

I actually feel some midfield support for Bridcutt is more important than a big lump up front. Harley has been poor and im not convinced about Dicker and Sparrow at this level. Hopefully Reyes will work out. I also feel sorry for Calderon and Painter, I think they are good players but they have very little help from those in front of them and are continually left over exposed. A more commanding keeper and centre half would also help when you look at the goals we do concede. I actually feel a new striker is not that much of a priority in comparison to other areas of the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here