Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones In

brightonconvert

Dec 23, 2014
Don't think he owns one. Got a very wet suit though!

What else would he say about the man currently holding the reins?
These are words to maximise NJ's commitment and motivation in the short term whilst the appointment is sorted. Hopefully very short term.

I can't see why we are not closer to appointing an experienced manager?
It must be one of the best jobs in the championship? There's also ground, fan base, location e.t.c
Games are coming fast and plenty and new players need to be sourced...
Yesterday was a point gained but we continue to slide

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
CORRECTION:'Yesterday was two points lost which is why we continue to slide.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't see why we are not closer to appointing an experienced manager?
It must be one of the best jobs in the championship? There's also ground, fan base, location e.t.c
Games are coming fast and plenty and new players need to be sourced...
Yesterday was a point gained but we continue to slide

So you think we should just appoint the first experienced manager we happen to talk to, based on minimal conversations?

I'm pretty sure new man will be in place for Brentford - that's speedy enough for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nathan did ok as caretaker, but in the same way as Bob Booker did ok when we beat Huddersfield away after Adams left he is clearly not the answer. We need to sign players in the window and the new man will be key to that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The only way Jones would get the job is if all of our targets turn us down.

That might have happened if Burke was still there but not now. The job is more attractive now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nathan did ok as caretaker, but in the same way as Bob Booker did ok when we beat Huddersfield away after Adams left he is clearly not the answer. We need to sign players in the window and the new man will be key to that.

This. It amuses me that lots of people were advocating Steve Clarke as a manager. After yesterday's showing of going 2-0 up, then taking off your best player and losing two points, we've dodged a bullet.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The line up with Holla just in front of the back four and Colunga and E Bennett playing as wingers was a completely diffrent formation so credit to Natham first twenty mins we were awful but I can only imagine his half time team talk was Churchilan as the second half was unlike any game at home this season we were two goals down! And came back to draw and should have won if not for a couple of great saves. I am not saying NAtham is the man for the job full time but let's give some credit and get off his back
Spot on. Plus the return to playing posession across the back 5 was Garciaesque.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
This. It amuses me that lots of people were advocating Steve Clarke as a manager. After yesterday's showing of going 2-0 up, then taking off your best player and losing two points, we've dodged a bullet.

So your basing an argument that Steve Clarke is a poor manager based on 1 substitution?

He has inherited a poor side which needs investment, the same way we do. He's been there 1 week....and obviously can't bring in anyone until January.

You get the December award for being dumb IMO.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I thought he was in with a shout in the summer, he knows the players, has seen the failings, understands the system that the club wants to play under and after two/three years must be worth a chance. Would make things quite seemless and yes there was real spirit yesterday both on the field and off it. Trouble is, he's a Brit so it might count against him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Worrying that the Argus today is also going with Jones as manager too

Who cares what the Argus thinks? I'm glad that Tony Bloom is taking his time to get this appointment right. He can't interview managers over the Christmas period, so will take a few days, having already drawn up a short list (on the club site)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Too dangerous to give him the top job at this critical time, being in the relegation zone with a squad with major deficiencies.

The next manager, needed ASAP, should be given the traditional manager role with a massive say on players in and out, with the clout in the football world to attract quality players (bought or borrowed) in the January transfer window.

Relegation would be a mini disaster on many financial and fan-base fronts.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Jones won't get the job.

probably not
but deserves his chance with the u21's
he has bundles of passion something not seen at the Albion for a long while, the match ended yesterday with his suite soaking wet and muddy. the team showed the rubbed off passion he has in the second half.
long live that passion in the Albion whoever comes to manage us
mid-table at least this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here