Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones In

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Don't want him as the manager, or even assistant but I absolutely want him to have a role at the club. Preferably a coach. Under 21s manager is a possibility if he would take it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Natty suit and a new pair of shoes

Gave the 4th official plenty as well

Promising.... But not the answer

Indeed. Same shoes as Oscar. Plus recalled CMS? Plus clearly asked the question in training ' Anyone got a long throw?' Oh, and changed dugouts back to the correct home dugout!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Based on the team selection for today he's just a follow on from Sami. I was hoping he'd make a few tactical changes to make the team his own

brightonconvert

Dec 23, 2014
Jones is not for me... We need someone ASAP and my concern is we muddle along pick up another draw, jury out e.t.c

Jones has no experience of the upcoming window and we need someone that can beg, borrow and steal us another loan comparible to the bridge and upson deals

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
It was great to see our manager showing real passion in the dugout, and actually making changes that affected the game. The players went from zero belief to playing some really nice stuff as the game went on.

I'm in the Jones In camp.

Continuity, passion, more funds for transfers, get in Nathan.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
When he was playing for Yeovil he gave the Brighton fans the two up and I am sorry but an ex-player who does this is not worthy to be our Manager. If Jones get the job then I will stop going and will not renew my Season ticket.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
When he was playing for Yeovil he gave the Brighton fans the two up and I am sorry but an ex-player who does this is not worthy to be our Manager. If Jones get the job then I will stop going and will not renew my Season ticket.

I definately don't want Nathan to be manager....but to stop going and withdraw from having a Season Ticket is not what supporting is about!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The line up with Holla just in front of the back four and Colunga and E Bennett playing as wingers was a completely diffrent formation so credit to Natham first twenty mins we were awful but I can only imagine his half time team talk was Churchilan as the second half was unlike any game at home this season we were two goals down! And came back to draw and should have won if not for a couple of great saves. I am not saying NAtham is the man for the job full time but let's give some credit and get off his back

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The line up with Holla just in front of the back four and Colunga and E Bennett playing as wingers was a completely diffrent formation so credit to Natham first twenty mins we were awful but I can only imagine his half time team talk was Churchilan as the second half was unlike any game at home this season we were two goals down! And came back to draw and should have won if not for a couple of great saves. I am not saying NAtham is the man for the job full time but let's give some credit and get off his back

I'm not sure I'd like Nathan as the manager, but it's only fair to credit him with having turned the game around. We'd have surely blamed him if he hadn't! So credit where it's due.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Paul Barber on SCR News is giving Jones the big shout, says he is in with a very good chance of getting the job

I'd be happy keep him until the end of the season as I reckon he can keep us up. But this is purely so we can recruit a new and much better manager in a more controlled and timely manner.

Stumpy Tim

This. Despite my support for Nathan, I did join the collective sigh when Gardner was named in the team - we desperately lack Ince's physical presence in midfield. Maybe he thought the players who did well at Wolves deserved to keep their spot?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Having watched that 1st half display IMO the club needs a complete clearout of the coaching staff. They seem to think all you have to do is play the other team with an 11 of ball players and have no one to actually win it . The midfield is so powder-puff that Reading for the 1st 30 mins just ran through us and I really can't believe Gardner has played for a Prem. L. team because he's so poor and weak on the ball. Some credit to Jones for the 2nd half, Garder being moved to the left did improve things, but sofar this season for me it's the same mistakes, you have to win the right to play and we now must just grind out the points and stop giving ourselves a mountain to climb in every game.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Paul Barber on SCR News is giving Jones the big shout, says he is in with a very good chance of getting the job

What else would he say about the man currently holding the reins?
These are words to maximise NJ's commitment and motivation in the short term whilst the appointment is sorted. Hopefully very short term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here