Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
They sell him for $12m to an investment group and bank their share of that. The investment group do the deal with Mineiro and sell him to Inter in the summer.
All over for us I guess. Wonder if Balanos is back on?

If it's the same investment group that already owns a share in JC then the deal is dead, even if we agreed terms with Boca they wouldn't sell us the remaining 15%.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Pablo Gravellone ‏@gravep 32s32 seconds ago

AHORA: Jonathan Calleri dejó la concentración de Boca en Cardales. En breve les cuento cómo sigue la NOVELA del pase.

Translated:
NOW: Jonathan Calleri left Boca in Cardales concentration. Soon, I'll tell you how follows the novel's pass.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Tweets coming though suggests Boca don't want to lend Calleri to the Brazilian team, but he's left the training ground to sort out his transfer.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 13.18.43.png

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Increasingly, as suspected, it looks like the 3rd party ownership issue is something that is getting in the way.

Presumably we'd have to do separate deals with Boca, and whoever owns the other 15% to allow him to actually play for us? I'm guessing they changed the rules in the light of the Tevez/Mascherano fiasco.
They didn't change the rules. The Tevez/Mascherano deals were against the rules and still are. Liverpool changed Mascherano's contract and paid off the third party to make it legal. West Ham lied about the Tevez contract and got caught out when he was sold to Manure.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Apart from my last post (and a few others saying the same thing), everything is pointing towards him joining Atletico Mineiro, I'm afraid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apart from my last post (and a few others saying the same thing), everything is pointing towards him joining Atletico Mineiro, I'm afraid.

And everything was pointed to him joining Arsenal, then Chelsea, then Inter, then Bologna...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Whatever this means:

View attachment 71326

"but the payment plan isn't convinced" ???

That could also mean that JC hasn't agreed to our terms, maybe the offer is too reliant on promotion clauses and he would rather have a higher wage from the start, he's not exactly falling over himself to play either for Brighton or in the Championship, so it will probably take a pretty spectacular deal to get this over the line.
From his point of view, there is interest from far bigger clubs than Brighton, OK no offers.... Yet, but who knows what may be on offer in 6 months if he waits.
The problem for him is that Boca seem to want to cash in now, $10million USD from Brighton is far better than a loan fee from Atl Mineiro. So Boca can't force him to sign for Brighton, but they can stop him going on loan.
Check, not quite mate.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
That could also mean that JC hasn't agreed to our terms, maybe the offer is too reliant on promotion clauses and he would rather have a higher wage from the start, he's not exactly falling over himself to play either for Brighton or in the Championship, so it will probably take a pretty spectacular deal to get this over the line.
From his point of view, there is interest from far bigger clubs than Brighton, OK no offers.... Yet, but who knows what may be on offer in 6 months if he waits.
The problem for him is that Boca seem to want to cash in now, $10million USD from Brighton is far better than a loan fee from Atl Mineiro. So Boca can't force him to sign for Brighton, but they can stop him going on loan.
Check, not quite mate.

If he goes to Atletico Minerio (increasingly likely), he will be sold to an investment group, so Boca would still receive a large fee (being touted as $12m).

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
After reading everything i have. It's obvious he don't want to come here and two the deal reeks of Surströmming. Either way somethings not right and we would be wise to leave well alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports