Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
CVONjx5XAAAqnW1.png

I can only assume his popeness was lured by the promise of meeting JC, probably not the one he was hoping for.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I bet the club are happy about all this speculation as they can quietly go about their business with no interference and sign a striker that has never been on the radar. Time to draw a line under this epic drama ( yes, I know will be checking this thread in 20 minutes)

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Please, please, please withdraw our offer (if it ever existed) and let's not waste any more time on this guy who is clearly not interested in us.

IF we have made an offer, how do you know that the club is 'wasting' any time on this? How do you know the player isn't interested?

We, on NSC, are the only ones wasting time on this....and 99.9999% of what we've written is pure guesswork. That's our fault, not the club's or the player's.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I bet the club are happy about all this speculation as they can quietly go about their business with no interference and sign a striker that has never been on the radar. Time to draw a line under this epic drama ( yes, I know will be checking this thread in 20 minutes)

I think there is a great chance that this is exactly what is going on (both the real target being under the radar and us all checking the thread!)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please, please, please withdraw our offer (if it ever existed) and let's not waste any more time on this guy who is clearly not interested in us.
If the offer never existed, it doesn't need to be withdrawn.

Why is the time wasted if that time investment is needed to land this sort of player within budget ?

Are you suggesting the club only try to sign players we can sign with little effort? We employ many people to recruit players - let them earn their money.

Just because this particular agent can't stop touting - to no current effect - should we wave the white flag and give up on ambition ? ???

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
The rumour of a move to Atletico Mineiro for 6 months seems to be gaining some traction on Twitter now.

[Tweet]686530869524336641[/Tweet]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whatever this means:

View attachment 71326

"but the payment plan isn't convinced" ???

Would guess it's in relation to the clauses and add ons, we wouldn't pay them $10 million up front, we'd pay them over an extended period of time, perhaps they need the money now to reinvest. However, if so it's strange they'd agree to loan him out given his contract runs out next year...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Increasingly, as suspected, it looks like the 3rd party ownership issue is something that is getting in the way.

Presumably we'd have to do separate deals with Boca, and whoever owns the other 15% to allow him to actually play for us? I'm guessing they changed the rules in the light of the Tevez/Mascherano fiasco.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Would guess it's in relation to the clauses and add ons, we wouldn't pay them $10 million up front, we'd pay them over an extended period of time, perhaps they need the money now to reinvest. However, if so it's strange they'd agree to loan him out given his contract runs out next year...

They would be loaning him out but selling to an investment group, so wouldn't lose out on any money when he leaves them in the summer.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

They sell him for $12m to an investment group and bank their share of that. The investment group do the deal with Mineiro and sell him to Inter in the summer.
All over for us I guess. Wonder if Balanos is back on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here