Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
David Cameron? The Queen maybe?
It's Calderon - he has the three most important things required to pull off a transfer coup like this:

1 - Bilingual skills;
2 - Sexy hair and beard;
3 - The ability to score with his face.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I can only imagine that if Barber is really going out there - it must be to get a deal done in advance of the window before anyone else starts bidding.

Lets hope he knows Spanish for 'A bird in the hand....etc'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can only imagine that if Barber is really going out there - it must be to get a deal done in advance of the window before anyone else starts bidding.

Anybody working at the airports, who can 'Barber spot'?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

(Uses Kevin Keegan voice)

I would love it, love it, if that were true.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Héctor Heredia ‏@HectorAHeredia

Mañana llega dirigente inglés del Brighton para ver a @Jocalleri y a Lodeiro. @Brian__Owen @julianbla.Harán oferta a Boca por ambos.

6:16 PM - 14 Oct 2015

Above is the actual tweet. Properly (not Google) translated, it says:

"Tomorrow an english director from Brighton is arriving to see Calleri and Lodeiro. They (Brighton) will make an offer to Boca for both."

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Tony is being conned into giving Barber an all expenses paid jolly to Argentina, doesn't he earn enough already? :moo:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Héctor Heredia ‏@HectorAHeredia

Mañana llega dirigente inglés del Brighton para ver a @Jocalleri y a Lodeiro. @Brian__Owen @julianbla.Harán oferta a Boca por ambos.

6:16 PM - 14 Oct 2015

Above is the actual tweet. Properly (not Google) translated, it says:

"Tomorrow an english director from Brighton is arriving to see Calleri and Lodeiro. They (Brighton) will make an offer to Boca for both."

So, if the transfer window is not open, how can a deal be signed? The loan window os open so will it be a loan deal then made permanent once the transfer window opens? I think PB is taking the family out there on holiday as it's cheaper during term time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, if the transfer window is not open, how can a deal be signed? The loan window os open so will it be a loan deal then made permanent once the transfer window opens? I think PB is taking the family out there on holiday as it's cheaper during term time

It's half term starting this weekend for some schools. :wink:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On the subject of Lodeiro, he's actually played in Europe before - he had a couple of seasons at Ajax from 2010-2012 and won the Eredivisie twice, although he only made 20 or so first-team appearances for them across the two seasons.

He also played for Uruguay in the 2010 World Cup, and got sent off against France.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It won't be a loan in the 'loan window' as we can only loan from English clubs, not overseas ones, in this window.

We need to wait until the full transfer window opens ( even for a loan ), in this case.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Dear God if this happens :flounce:
It has always felt "logical" that if we are in good contention around Christmas then it makes financial sense for TB to invest in quality that increases our % chance of getting over the line to the land of plenty.

Very simplistic, but it seems to me that this year we are good enough to go up. The threats are that we lack high quality cover for our two key midfielders and also that, despite TH and SSB being a decent pair, we might not yet have the nailed on goalscorer that promotion teams usually do.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It has always felt "logical" that if we are in good contention around Christmas then it makes financial sense for TB to invest in quality that increases our % chance of getting over the line to the land of plenty.

Very simplistic, but it seems to me that this year we are good enough to go up. The threats are that we lack high quality cover for our two key midfielders and also that, despite TH and SSB being a decent pair, we might not yet have the nailed on goalscorer that promotion teams usually do.

This makes sense but it feels to me something you'd do in Football Manager, not real life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here