Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why are Everton able to buy an equivalent player for 500k then? Are we paying over the odds for this kiddie if what you say is right?

It's a fair point, but not really knowing anything about the Everton deal it does seem outrageously cheap. Maybe the wages they offered, the remaining contract duration, the less prolific goalscoring can account for some of the difference? But 500k... I think that's far more surprising than 6 million for Calleri

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's a fair point, but not really knowing anything about the Everton deal it does seem outrageously cheap. Maybe the wages they offered, the remaining contract duration, the less prolific goalscoring can account for some of the difference? But 500k... I think that's far more surprising than 6 million for Calleri

He signed for River Plate in 2012 so my guess is he probably only had minimal time left on his contract, hence the price.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He could easily do a medical out there. He doesn't need to fly over here for that to happen.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Having people who can score goals would be very exciting - and this guy could be the difference between mid table and being the real deal! I really want this guy in. No idea how many Elvis will get, but more than March would score I guess. Just now it would be good to see Hemed getting goals from open play before he starts to lose confidence. Signs that Baldock could score a few this year are good. KLL certainly is getting a few. I am sure Kayal will get some. Then half a dozen from Dunk .....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can't believe you've forgotten about Leo already!

Leo........... thats a short memory.............. i haven't forgotten mighty Federico Turenzio and genuinely thought (at the time) both Battipiedi and Baz plucked from Argentinian obscurity would be flair for a club like ours :lolol:

Boca Juniors playing alongside Tevez??.............. what the hell is happening to our crap club from Gillingham and Withdean, Only seems like last week (2008) when I was at, what was the Walkers Stadium delighted that we were able to cling for a lucky 0-0 against Leicester in league 1. Mickey Adams pt2, where our only tactic was to hoof it long for Nicky Forster to chase the few times we got anywhere near the ball.

This is all to much to take.

Bloom out

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why are Everton able to buy an equivalent player for 500k then? Are we paying over the odds for this kiddie if what you say is right?

The Argentine league is streets ahead of the Uruguayan league, for one. And Boca are arguably the biggest club in the country.
Contract length? Age? Potential? Initial outlay may only be £500k but huge add-ons for appearances/goals?
There could be a ton of reasons.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All the nay sayers really do puzzle me .
If we have no chance of singing Careli, would club representatives still be out in Buenos Aires three days before the window slams shut (sky tv copyright)
I would have thought if there was no chance, we would have come home, and put more effort into getting someone else. Our recruitment team seem pretty switched on now, so, , although I'm not convinced we will get him, we must still be in with a shout

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would imagine Elvis will play more as a winger. Doubt Baldock will go, he has been good this season so far and is forming a decent partnership with Hemed.

Exactly, we are putting together a competitive going for it SQUAD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports