NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has he signed yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he'd have been watching the match today he'll want to join asap!

Or he's shitting himself at the prospect of having to do that once possibly twice a week.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Exciting but also a tad confusing... with Calleri our choices upfront would be Calleri, Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, Manu (although I think he's a winger), O'Grady. Now O' Grady is well out of the running here but is offically the fourth striker now and you sort of expect the 4th striker to be emergency only but if Calleri comes in Zamora or Baldock becomes striker no:4. All very good but I wonder if we need more cover in other positions... we only really have three CBs, we only have one real LB. Would rather have one of these perhaps than throw all the cash on one player and waste the prospects of another match-winner.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Exciting but also a tad confusing... with Calleri our choices upfront would be Calleri, Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, Manu (although I think he's a winger), O'Grady. Now O' Grady is well out of the running here but is offically the fourth striker now and you sort of expect the 4th striker to be emergency only but if Calleri comes in Zamora or Baldock becomes striker no:4. All very good but I wonder if we need more cover in other positions... we only really have three CBs, we only have one real LB. Would rather have one of these perhaps than throw all the cash on one player and waste the prospects of another match-winner.

Which don't you consider to be good enough?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well although it wasn't me, they probably like me, wondered why a supporter would be trying to get his head around exchange rates ? Seems a bit of an odd consideration. Is he good enough, worth the fee, or not ?
It's all about leverage. With a better exchange rate, we can either spend 'more' for less or spend the same but it be worth 'more'. Either way, it gives us a greater chance. That's good.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Which don't you consider to be good enough?

OK correct me if I'm wrong...

1. Greer
2. Hunemaier
3. Dunk

All great but where's the no: 4? Cover /emergency reliable required... suppose it COULD be Goldson... and admit I forgot him but .... is he ? If we are serious about whether we are going shouldn't we get it wrapped up. Last year we had 3 and it didnt work out too well did it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Well we have four CBs, Goldson is defo first team, with Rea going on a loan we could recall him from. Rosenior and Calde can both play LB if pushed, Rosenior to a high standard.

Notwithstanding that I am pretty sure CH has taken one look at Bournemouth last season and seen how well fast, attacking, compact, organised football works in this division, We are going to spend 75 odd minutes scoring more than the oppo no matter what and 15 defending stoutly.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
OK correct me if I'm wrong...

1. Greer
2. Hunemaier
3. Dunk

All great but where's the no: 4? Cover /emergency reliable required... suppose it COULD be Goldson... and admit I forgot him but .... is he ? If we are serious about whether we are going shouldn't we get it wrapped up. Last year we had 3 and it didnt work out too well did it?

Played 53 games last year for Shrewsbury and signed for the first team squad.
The club believe he'll do a good job when called upon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Played 53 games last year for Shrewsbury and signed for the first team squad.
The club believe he'll do a good job when called upon.

That guy? The one we paid a fee for and Shrewsbury fans got upset about losing? Him?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I see what you say re Baldock and Zamora becoming 4th choice but we have three CB's that are more than useful at this level in Greer, Dunk and Hunemeier. Sure Goldson is a bit of an unknown entity but as fourth choice CB I don't foresee it being a problem. As for LB we have Bong and Chicksen as legiment left backs and Rosenior and Calde can also play there if need be. Not to mention any up and coming DS lads.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Willing to accept Goldon as 4th choice... not really for Chicksen as LB number 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here