Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was thinking more of English conditions and football rather than the standard required for Premier League. If you use your criteria why did they loan Bamford to Middlesbro or indeed anybody to clubs other than Premier. Simple answer game time and in JC case to get used to England etc.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If Tim Vickery (South American expert) does not say it is going to happen for us, then it definitely isn't going to happen.... maybe...

He didn't say it wasn't going to happen, he just didn't mention us at all!

He said he was too raw for Chelsea and mentioned that he had been linked with Stoke along with some other European teams. That was about it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He didn't say it wasn't going to happen, he just didn't mention us at all!

He said he was too raw for Chelsea and mentioned that he had been linked with Stoke along with some other European teams. That was about it.

I didn't say he did say it wasn't going to happen! But carry on.

BTW I believe we are still the only club to actually make a bid, so the 'expert' should have mentioned us...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I didn't say he did say it wasn't going to happen! But carry on.

BTW I believe we are still the only club to actually make a bid, so the 'expert' should have mentioned us...

I didn't say that you'd said that he'd said that it isn't going to happen..........this could go on forever......

I agree we should have warranted a mention, every other club mentioned has been rumour and conjecture. Still smacks of an agent trying to create a bidding war.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't say that you'd said that he'd said that it isn't going to happen..........this could go on forever......

I agree we should have warranted a mention, every other club mentioned has been rumour and conjecture. Still smacks of an agent trying to create a bidding war.

It does indeed look like Agent games, but I suspect this is driven by the player looking above us at the EPL or similar longingly...

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If goes to Chelsea, he should be available on a long term loan in January.

For teams such as West Brom, Swansea or Everton maybe.
There is absolutely no chance of him pulling on an Albion shirt while we are in the Championship.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
For teams such as West Brom, Swansea or Everton maybe.
There is absolutely no chance of him pulling on an Albion shirt while we are in the Championship.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Chelsea might prefer the option of loaning him to a team other than a Premier League rival. Whether or not his very status as a Chelsea player would render him unaffordable is another matter.

Unless of course Lizard happens to be Mr. Bloom, in which case I will admit you know more than us on the issue.

:)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Chelsea have seemingly lost out in the race to sign Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri after the Argentine club's president revealed the 22-year-old is on the verge of a move to Italy.

The Blues have long been linked with the young Argentine star and were recently said to be closing in on signing him, per Calcio Mercato (h/t Tom Olver in Metro).

However, Boca president Daniel Angelici has now said that Calleri—who is valued at €9 million (£6.5 million)—is all but guaranteed to join a Serie A club, per Telam (h/t Gazzetta World's Juan Arango):
"Calleri’s sale is 99 percent complete. He will be sold to an English investment group and will play in Italy."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rumours?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here