Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is a bit of a blur between some wingers and non-central strikers.

I suspect that signing Elvis ends our interest in signing another winger, and it's only a more central striker we are now trying to sign.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I suspect that signing Elvis ends our interest in signing another winger, and it's only a more central striker we are now trying to sign.

That's how I see it too.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Yup, the way our strikers, particularly Baldock yesterday, not only were they a central threat but also working the channels to great effect. Something I'm sure THE KING will relish.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
No idea if he will join or not but he will certainly top our players Twitter followers league with over 240 thousand!

Count Otto Black

Jul 22, 2015
with the money quoted for this guy sounds like we could have afforded Ben Marshall's left and right foot and maybe even a knee as well.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
It might make better financial sense to get a loan instead of splashing the cash. Once we see what Harper and Hambo can do then we will get a better idea whether another front man is needed

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It might make better financial sense to get a loan instead of splashing the cash. Once we see what Harper and Hambo can do then we will get a better idea whether another front man is needed

By which time we may have dropped down the table...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've got a good feeling about Calleri joining us. It's been hinted for a long time now that we'd be signing someone who would surprise us all. It's got to be Calleri.
If Boca want the payment fee in a written letter, surely that means we're on the road to signing him? I doubt they'd be accepting offers from us if he wasn't interested in joining either.

Only a matter of time.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Hughton called Elvis a striker however...

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
I've got a good feeling about Calleri joining us. It's been hinted for a long time now that we'd be signing someone who would surprise us all. It's got to be Calleri.
If Boca want the payment fee in a written letter, surely that means we're on the road to signing him? I doubt they'd be accepting offers from us if he wasn't interested in joining either.

Only a matter of time.

A nice dose of optimism!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hughton called Elvis a striker however...

Except he is reportedly a winger who can play a more central forward role...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Calleri sounds like the business to me.

If the finances would permit it, I would be all in favour as with all the other signings and promising start, it would be sad to miss a potential big prize at season's end.

It sounds like Boca were being a bit difficult (hardball) in the 'looking for further information in writing' with the transfer window very soon to close.

Does anyone know the circumstances in which late transfers can be confirmed in such circumstances ?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm not sure it's necessarily being difficult, our first offer wasn't of a level they were willing to consider, the second is at that level so they've asked us to make the offer official by confirming details in writing

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm not sure it's necessarily being difficult, our first offer wasn't of a level they were willing to consider, the second is at that level so they've asked us to make the offer official by confirming details in writing

Maybe Boca are also confused at to which type of dollar the offer is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here