Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson Enquiry - The poll

Were the Enquiries recommendations

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm stuck between "Fair" and "Lenient". The thing is, irrespective of whether it's Johnson or anyone else. lying to Parliament should a) be punished and b) result in a punishment that's a genuine disincentive to others.

Johnson isn't the only liar in the Government, he's just the headline act on which to pin the punishment because he's also the one who led the move to serial political disinformation and dishonesty during this period (I know that dishonesty and politicians is older than just the Johnson-era of politics, but Johnson led the move into Trumpism-style scorched earth lies).

Unfortunate as it may be for him, he will be made an example to set the standard again for others

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's all so unimportant and irrelevant right now. Leave the bloke alone. The only important thing is to get this enquiry finished so that we don't make the same stupid mistakes again - for example lockdowns, face masks, social distancing.
It goes 2 ways really. Yes - leave him alone. Also he needs to leave us alone as well. Just disappear off and not darken our door again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's all so unimportant and irrelevant right now. Leave the bloke alone. The only important thing is to get this enquiry finished so that we don't make the same stupid mistakes again - for example lockdowns, face masks, social distancing.
Lying to Parliament, lying to the public, lying to an enquiry, bullying and abusing committee members, lying to the monarchy.

Irrelevant? Unimportant?

I don’t agree.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What do people actually think they mean when they say “the government got vaccines rolled out quickly”?

We have Oxford Uni boffins to thank for the actual vaccine.

Amazon Web Services and the NHS developed the National Booking Service.

And the existing MESH network was used to link everything together.

That’s a very simplified version. See here for the full story;

Now, what was Boris Johnson doing while the NHS were getting all this up and running?

He was accusing the NHS of dragging it’s feet and was bullying them to rush it through so he could claim a victory.

In summary, it’s down to our world leading NHS staff, frontline and back of house that the vaccine was rolled out so quickly.

Nothing to do with Boris. He stood on the sidelines berating them for letting “bureaucracy and lack of information sharing” slow them down.

Basically, he stood by with his thumb up his arse and yelled “FASTER! FASTER”!!!!

Because he’s a ****.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He was lying, but don't they all?

Hopefully as a nation we can draw a line under it and move on, he can go on his lecture tours earning millions and still managing to get his leg over ladies well out of his league.
his behaviour still doesn't bother you then, lenny?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
his behaviour still doesn't bother you then, lenny?
It bothers me Roger, but only as much as other people’s behaviour, it’s a wicked world.

I don’t know if it’s true or Left Wing gossip/bs but I heard the other day that the Met Police are now investigating Kwasi Kwarteng’s budget as its alleged that as a result of it and the financial meltdown it caused several of his former colleagues in the Hedge Fund world profited.

They are all at it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

So many MPs have little to no content to talk about but just get trained in being forceful in an argument. Fortunately this time the script didn’t work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If only partygate was Johnson's only crime. This is an individual that has attacked and degraded our institutions, tried to re-write the rulebook for his mates (Paterson), put our national security at risk, has eroded citizens rights and has presided over widespread cronyism and wholesale corruption

The Covid enquiry next, we're not finished with him. I'd like the whole Lebedev thing investigated too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It bothers me Roger, but only as much as other people’s behaviour, it’s a wicked world.

I don’t know if it’s true or Left Wing gossip/bs but I heard the other day that the Met Police are now investigating Kwasi Kwarteng’s budget as its alleged that as a result of it and the financial meltdown it caused several of his former colleagues in the Hedge Fund world profited.

They are all at it.
That's two of the Johnson cabal that you've named. By 'all' who else do you mean ?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

They are all at it.
so you don't think that johnson has taken it to another level?

is he not, "beyond the pale"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here