Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lewis coming to the old Boots store at Clock Tower.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
News doesn't get much better than this, and will save trips over to Chichester.

Set a date in your diary for 2022 then :lolol:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Where will we all be by 2021?
I will be in my 70's, probably unable to afford to shop at John Lewis
The Albion will surely be Premier League

NB .. It says they are to reduce the number of buses.... Hardly a Green move..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, this. The mahoooosive JL in Southampton only has a 'Little Waitrose' in it. It won't be for a main shop, especially when you have an actual Waitrose a few hundred yards down Western Road.

Hasn't the old Co-Op on Nevill Road in Hove turned into a Waitrose?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where will we all be by 2021?
I will be in my 70's, probably unable to afford to shop at John Lewis
The Albion will surely be Premier League

NB .. It says they are to reduce the number of buses.... Hardly a Green move..

Second term of Ed Miliband so the UK will most likely be awash with John Lewis' and Waitrose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'd be surprised. Many years back Boots and Legal & General used to be two of the biggest property/landowners out there!

Fair point. Most of the PubCos are actually property businesses as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When did the Virgin record store shut!

Now that was a great store, spent many a fun Saturday afternoon looking in the racks and listening to albums.

When they moved into Queens Road with the smaller store, not the same, but still knowledgeable staff, but went seriously downhill when they moved into Western Road and then Churchill Square.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hasn't the old Co-Op on Nevill Road in Hove turned into a Waitrose?

Most certainly has, and a very welcome addition it is too at the end of my road. Unfortunately at least half of the customers appear to come from out of town (Henfield, Steyning, Ditchling etc etc) and are complete and utter twunts.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Most certainly has, and a very welcome addition it is too at the end of my road. Unfortunately at least half of the customers appear to come from out of town (Henfield, Steyning, Ditchling etc etc) and are complete and utter twunts.

Interesting. How does their appearance suggest they are from Henfield, Steyning and Ditchling? Hunter wellies, double barrelled shotguns and straw in their hair?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The BHS retail chain has just been sold for a £1 , with a £100M pensions blackhole there could be high street premises all over the country becoming available to lease before too long.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

We get the Ladies of Ditchling in the Burgess Hill branch, don't you know. Will Buckley was also a regular when he lived round these parts, along with the Beverly Sisters. I don't know where Kazenga shops though. Probably in Nandos.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting. How does their appearance suggest they are from Henfield, Steyning and Ditchling? Hunter wellies, double barrelled shotguns and straw in their hair?

Trailed around by offspring named Hugo and Fenella?*

*Only kidding, Hugos and Fenellas of NSC

Lush

Mods' Pet
I always find it interesting how shopping in Brighton changes. I remember when the back of the old Churchill Square was a no-go area. Then it was rebuilt as an indoor shopping mall and got pretty busy.

If John Lewis opens at the bottom of Queens Road, that will probably affect Debenhams at the back of Churchill Square. And so we go round again....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always find it interesting how shopping in Brighton changes. I remember when the back of the old Churchill Square was a no-go area. Then it was rebuilt as an indoor shopping mall and got pretty busy.

If John Lewis opens at the bottom of Queens Road, that will probably affect Debenhams at the back of Churchill Square. And so we go round again....

Churchill Square still is a no go area, apart from the Apple store.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good news for the town. John Lewis will be a flagship store. Boots will need another prime location to replace their current very busy outlet. BHS in Churchill Square is the obvious candidate for the site of the new Boots in five years time. BHS is the new Woolies and is doomed to failure, sooner rather than later. The chancers who just bought the BHS chain must have 90% of their focus on the properties that come with the chain, rather than the naff cheapo products sold in the existing BHS stores.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Waiting list & expansion to the seafront on the way, Brighton esp Churchill sq can support any decent shops you throw at it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here