Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Catt suing police over secret surveillance

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
John Catt is featured in this documentary, Taking Liberties.

From 31:07, @ 33:45 he get "taken out" by the police, I guess for criminally bad artwork or something...:banana:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pursuing various legal cases and lawsuits (at taxpayers expense) is his hobby, its what he has to fill his remaining days with. In fact I think his daughter is a solicitor or barrister or somesuch, so presumably he gets all the help he needs in filling out forms.

Personally, I hope his roof caves in, he gets savaged by a badger, contracts gonorrhea and loses his glasses. In no particular order.

I hope the badger GIVES him the gonorrhea.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He lives in a very expensive house. If he really believed in his cause then he would fund it himself and claim damages if he won rather than leeching of the rest of us. Thankfully he's old ( if you get my gist ! ).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think you will find he was (and indeed is) perfectly free to protest, and indeed he doth, albeit too much in the case of the Albion.

No one stopped him doing anything did they?

No, but would you be happy with this sort of data being kept on you? I don't see why it is something you should expect as someone who goes to protests and sits in his chair holding an inoffensive placard.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No, but would you be happy with this sort of data being kept on you? I don't see why it is something you should expect as someone who goes to protests and sits in his chair holding an inoffensive placard.

Don't worry, nobody has anything on you, you're far too uninteresting.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Seeing that article makes me realise that he represents everything I can't stand AND he hates the Albion.He's probably one of those dicks that used to stand outside M&S whinging about Palestine
IMHO he really has nothing going for him

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think he has got a point on this one. It's an overused phrase but we are almost certainly sleepwalking into a police state. A database here, some extra powers there, every year an ever so slightly more corrupt government. Where does it end :shrug:

That said I still hope he loses, just for being a bitter old twat and trying to ruin it for the rest of us purely for his own enjoyment......

.....I really think that's what grates the most so I'll repeat it - He actually tried to ruin the passtime of thousands purely for his own enjoyment. What a c**t :facepalm:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Wouldn't be surprised to see him up & move to falmer so that he can continue his (funded) bile against the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Catt was featured on BBC South News tonight. He's getting legal aid again! :nono:
He has probably been sensible and made sure that he has no savings to speak of , if his only asset is his property then he will be given legal aid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here