[Football] Joey Barton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you need to re-read my post about the difference between commentating and co-commentating, sir.

The last part sounds wonderful.
Have I been caught up in my own hubris again? Ah, well :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with him…. But in these days it is unwise to say so if you are a celebrity, unless you want to be contentious and make a headline
Only a matter of time and we'll be thrown into jail for refusing to do the washing up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's got a point with the social media influencer bollocks, and social media in general and all it attracts. However, the irony is that he is using a very similar platform to get across his moronic views.
Influencers are a bit of a red herring though; they’re not aimed at the market Barton is talking about and even if they were, it’s very easy to avoid them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m generally too focused on Albion games on the telly to even acknowledge what the commentators are saying. I didn’t have a scoby why Green was upsetting so many last night.
Lianne Sanderson is irritating on TS if she can go a game with out saying that goes against everything I was taught it will be a miracle.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If only he’d just wrote ‘Karen Carney’ instead of women - most would have agreed!
Fair point actually. Absolutely insufferable.

Give me Emma Hayes over ANY of the male pundits though. She actually analyses the game and makes, you know, observations about tactics. She is quite brilliant and adds to any match.

Carney is the dirt worst - but not because she is female - because she is f***ing dreadful.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Got to be on the gear surely?
My first thought too. These are not the sane actions of a sober unemployed football manager with a hope of finding another job.

Joey Barton in tosser shock, would be the headline.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The key to find out what someone really thinks is if you gave the female a male voice. Would they notice ?

I don't think there is a single football commentator, manager, or referee I have an issue with. The odd disagreement here and there in isolation, but it would take a lot to send me to keyboard rage. I'm more than happy to see females in the game. They just ask the same silly questions in interviews that men do. 'How important is it to maintain your team's winning mentality ?' I'd love a manager to give a contrary answer one day.

I don't spend my life looking for reasons to be angry (except when they changed the number 18 route in Queen's Park)

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Only commentator I can't quite tolerate is Dion Dublin. I just think homes under the hammer all the way through a game. 🤕
Come to think of it, perhaps there's an opportunity for Joey under the hammer. I'd be happy to pay an inflation busting BBC increase to see that.

* abbreviation is British broadcasting association BTW.... 😬

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like the Chelsea boss when she’s done some of The Premier League football a while back. She’s a top person she is. That’s as an analyst though. Commentary by woman can easily go screechy.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The key to find out what someone really thinks is if you gave the female a male voice. Would they notice ?

I don't think there is a single football commentator, manager, or referee I have an issue with. The odd disagreement here and there in isolation, but it would take a lot to send me to keyboard rage. I'm more than happy to see females in the game. They just ask the same silly questions in interviews that men do. 'How important is it to maintain your team's winning mentality ?' I'd love a manager to give a contrary answer one day.

I don't spend my life looking for reasons to be angry (except when they changed the number 18 route in Queen's Park)
Jill Scott and Gary Neville swapped profiles a while ago as an experiment https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-gary-neville-swapped-social-media-accounts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports