Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Haha! I watch too many films.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know the noise of a tie-fighter is a howler monkey scream played backwards. Or something like that anyway...

And in the closing scene of A New Hope, you can see a shoe fly across the Death Star's trench LUZZED by an angry techy. Not as good as the famous Stormtrooper hitting his head in the control room but hey, what is?

Albion Rob

Funny old game, all about opinions etc.

I read an interview a couple of weeks ago where Iniesta said Barry was one of the few midfielders we had who cold trap and pass the ball properly and that unless we bred more of them we'd simply continue to be the kick and rush donkeys that blemish every World Cup.

For me, he was unfit at the World Cup and got exposed pretty cruelly in that Germany game. Probably more of a squad player than a starter given Wilshere's rise to prominence but he should eb the sort of player we bring on with 20 mins to go to hold the ball.

Or maybe we could just go with Barton flying about giving free kicks away all over the place....

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
These centre midfield players are MILES better than Barton.-

Lampard
Gerrard
Wilshere

I would also say most of the below are equal if not better than him.-
Huddlestone
Carrick
Barry
Parker
Nolan
Milner
Cattermole
Henderson
Jenas
Reo-Coker
Rodwell

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4047618 said:
Shame Hargreaves career is pretty much over now, he was our best defensive mid by miles.

Yup.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ahhhhhh, dear old Gareth Barry. The bloke who said he wanted to leave Villa to play Champions League football & it (apparently) had nothing to do with money.

So he went to Man City.

:tosser:

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Barton isn't even the best English central midfielder at Newcastle

Best right midfielder though. ;)

Don't think Joey Barton should have came out and said this if I'm honest, not the wisest thing to do if you're looking for a call-up. However I won't disagree with him, and I can't fault Barton for speaking his mind. A lot of the things he has to say are interesting, I love how he speaks openly about the NUFC board, I bet they f***ing hate that! Got a lot of time for Barton personally, can't argue against the fact he's been a cock in the past but he's genuinely sorted himself out and he should get credit for it.

On the pitch though, earlier this season he was f***ing quality, during the hammering of Sunderland at SJP he ran the show and for a couple of months after that he was superb. Not been at that form for a few weeks now but he's still been quality. One thing I will never fault Barton for is his commitment, think England could do with him.

I still think Parker has been better than Barton this season but Joey makes a valid point, should be in the England set up, especially when Capello has vowed to pick the in form players. Barton had been shocking for us before this season, now he's probably our most important player which says a lot about how he's played when we've got Tiote, Nolan, Coloccini and Enrique who've been superb.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Joey Barton on Gareth Barry. We've all had that dream at least once. The beeper on Barton's ankle going off telling him it's Barry time and into a little bath they climb.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
went to james park sat barton was quality, dont think much of him either but fair play to him for probably speaking the truth.just ashame for english football that most of are better players are twats.just aquick note about newcastle fans thought some of ares arebad enough but f*** me do they moan 3nil up and going potty abought amissed placed pass , still quality place to visit cheap beer 1.25 apint heaven

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
went to james park sat barton was quality, dont think much of him either but fair play to him for probably speaking the truth.just ashame for english football that most of are better players are twats.just aquick note about newcastle fans thought some of ares arebad enough but f*** me do they moan 3nil up and going potty abought amissed placed pass , still quality place to visit cheap beer 1.25 apint heaven

:laugh:

To be fair the crowd was quite anxious the other day, although mainly because we sat back and conceded, then looked like pissing away our lead. There was frustration because of our previous three results going into that game. Where were you sat out of interest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here