Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stupid challenge and one I’m surprised he made (I suspect this was the type of thing the Ajax fans bring up about him) but other than that he was decent tonight and overall he’s made far fewer mistakes than all of our other defenders since he’s been at the club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stupid challenge and one I’m surprised he made (I suspect this was the type of thing the Ajax fans bring up about him) but other than that he was decent tonight and overall he’s made far fewer mistakes than all of our other defenders since he’s been at the club.
I can only think of two mistakes, tonight and a game at the AMEX when he misjudged the flight of a ball which sailed over his head and led to a goal. That’s all. Very impressive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Aye…and yet the bbc report refers to it as “a crude challenge”…cobblers to that
Indeed, but crude or otherwise, make a tackle like that in the penalty area and you are going to give the ref a decision to make. Toney's histrionics or not, last night the ref decided it was a spot kick.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
As has been pointed out only two or three mistakes since he has arrived have led to goals, which is a much better record than Dunk, Duffy, Webster, Burns and Sanchez.
He is our Mr Consistency and a great wind up merchant.
I think he slightly overdid it on Friday and backfired as it stirred up Toney who then saw his chance to get his revenge with the penalty.

However I hope De Zerbi tells him to keep doing what he does best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here